    Joe Guest

    Hello, what is a good software program to use in order to send email pictures to others. Thanks,
    Joe
    Joe, Jan 1, 2004

  2. Joe

    Michael-NC Guest

    You can get a yahoo account, then put your pictures in your profile and then
    just send a link.

    Michael-NC, Jan 1, 2004

  3. Or attachments.

    cocacolaclassicroksursocks, Jan 1, 2004
  4. Joe

    Pepperoni Guest

    OE works well if you are sending only a few pics. You merely open a new
    message, and attach the pics within the message. you go to insert/file
    attachment/ <and browse to the file location>. You can post multiple pics
    to the e mail by repeating the process. This works in HTML e mail, but not
    for text newsgroup messages.

    When posting a large number of large photos, it's easier to post to a web
    site and direct the viewers to the site.

    Pepperoni, Jan 1, 2004
  5. I don't think it's easier to post to a web site, but it's certainly
    better. But it depends on what aspect of 'easier' you're talking about,
    too. It's often easy to send a huge message but it's not always so easy
    for the recipient to receive it.

    First rule of sending pictures-watch the file size. The main factor
    determining file size is the format. Bitmaps (.bmp) are uncompressed so
    they're large. JPEG's are better-they're compressed. But you also want
    to consider what the recipient is going to do with them-if they're going
    to print them then you want as much detail as possible and the more you
    compress a picture the more detail you lose.

    Second rule of sending pictures-either watch the resolution or know that
    the recipient knows how to handle it. I've seen many pictures sent at
    the full camera resolution of 1280x1024. File size is OK-these are
    ..jpg-but the recipient displays them in their email client on a screen
    that's rarely more than 1024x768. Result is that they're unable to view
    the entire picture at once. (These email clients are unable to enlarge
    or shrink pictures. I'm unaware of any that can although I won't rule it
    out-it would certainly be a useful feature.)

    Too-large pictures can be handled by saving them to the hard disk &
    options. If the user knows how to use a picture editor then go ahead &
    send them a large picture if you want to. If not then it's best to use
    the picture editor yourself to reduce the resolution to something the
    recipient can view on their screen without scrolling. (If they choose
    not to maximize their window then that's their problem-and it's purely a
    guess as to their resolution. I still see many people with older PC's
    running screens at 800x600 so I make a practice of not sending pictures
    larger than that unless I know the recipient can handle it.)

    Calvin Crumrine, Jan 2, 2004
  6. Absolutely the only practical way of sharing photos through the
    Internet, is to post them as a web page using any one of a number of
    photo services ( e.g. - ClubPhoto at http://www.clubphoto.com ).
    Private or selective pages can even be passworded. Then all you've got
    to do is E-mail the URL to desired recipients, etc.

    Stephen G. Giannoni, Jan 4, 2004