    Is there a program out there that will send a picture over the internet
    to a cellphone?
    , Jul 8, 2006

  2. Roy G Guest

    <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Is there a program out there that will send a picture over the internet
    > to a cellphone?

    As far as I know from watching my daughter, you just send the image by Email
    to the phone owner. It can then be downloaded via the phone's USB or
    Bluetooth connection, from that computer to the phone. Provided of course
    that the Software for the Phone has been installed on the Computer.

    If the phone is set up to receive Email, it may be possible for the phone
    just to receive the message with the image attached.

    She does not seem to use that method, she just gets the stuff (ringtones &
    graphics) saved onto the computer first.

    Since she, her phone and all of her team have buggered off to "T in the
    Park" for the weekend, I cannot ask.

    Roy G
    Roy G, Jul 9, 2006

  3. Monkee Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > Is there a program out there that will send a picture over the internet
    > to a cellphone?

    I use photobox (www.photobox.com) if you have an account you upload pics to
    a temporary album and choose to send them to mobiles as MMS messages.
    Monkee, Jul 9, 2006
  4. wrote:
    > Is there a program out there that will send a picture over the
    > internet to a cellphone?

    Most modern phones which are tied to a particular service provider (e.g.
    Vodafone) are supplied with a PC program which allows you to download images
    from your PC. The images have to be first sized-down from the jpegs which
    your digital camera saves, but there are lots of programs on the net to do
    this.

    Dennis.
    Dennis Pogson, Jul 9, 2006