    may be unsafe?

    --
    acol777

    annette collins, Jul 28, 2003

  2. annette collins

    Paul - xxx Guest

    annette collins tried to scribble ...

    > Why does Outlook Express decide my photographs should not be sent as
    > they may be unsafe?

    Because you have told it to do so ..

    Tools - Options - Security ...

    --
    .............................Paul - xxx
    http://www.tvlicensing.biz/

    Paul - xxx, Jul 28, 2003

  3. annette collins

    Patrick Guest

    Paul - xxx wrote:
    > annette collins tried to scribble ...
    >
    >> Why does Outlook Express decide my photographs should not be sent as
    >> they may be unsafe?

    > Because you have told it to do so ..
    >
    > Tools - Options - Security ...

    The OP is trying to *Send* attachments, not recieve them.
    I've got no suggestions myself though.

    Patrick, Jul 28, 2003
  4. Hi!

    Did you try that?
    if you have an anti-virus installed: Disable it.

    Isa

    Isabelle Rollin, Jul 29, 2003
  5. annette collins

    paul s Guest

    On Mon, 28 Jul 2003 21:40:21 -0400, Isabelle Rollin wrote:

    > Hi!
    >
    > Did you try that?
    > if you have an anti-virus installed: Disable it.

    Now this is the last thing the OP should be doing, especially when using
    Lookout Excuse Virus Breeder.

    --
    Paul S

    paul s, Jul 29, 2003
  6. On Mon, 28 Jul 2003 21:55:26 +0100, "Paul - xxx"
    <> wrote:

    >annette collins tried to scribble ...
    >
    >> Why does Outlook Express decide my photographs should not be sent as
    >> they may be unsafe?

    >Because you have told it to do so ..
    >
    >Tools - Options - Security ...

    Not really, OE defaults to those settings. Unless someone knows enough
    to look through program options when using it for the first time, it's
    a bit more like Microsoft told it to do so ;)

    a 32 bit process, Jul 30, 2003
  7. annette collins

    Paul - xxx Guest

    Patrick tried to scribble ...

    > Paul - xxx wrote:
    >> annette collins tried to scribble ...
    >>
    >>> Why does Outlook Express decide my photographs should not be sent as
    >>> they may be unsafe?

    >> Because you have told it to do so ..
    >>
    >> Tools - Options - Security ...

    > The OP is trying to *Send* attachments, not recieve them.
    > I've got no suggestions myself though.

    LOL, damn right ... ;)

    --
    .............................Paul - xxx
    http://www.tvlicensing.biz/

    Paul - xxx, Jul 30, 2003
  8. annette collins

    Paul - xxx Guest

    annette collins tried to scribble ...

    > Why does Outlook Express decide my photographs should not be sent as
    > they may be unsafe?

    Tools - Options - Send - Check that the mail sending format is compatible
    with what you want to send, and that these settings don't clash with any AV
    software .. ;)

    --
    .............................Paul - xxx
    http://www.tvlicensing.biz/

    Paul - xxx, Jul 30, 2003
  9. annette collins

    Paul - xxx Guest

    a 32 bit process tried to scribble ...

    > On Mon, 28 Jul 2003 21:55:26 +0100, "Paul - xxx"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >> annette collins tried to scribble ...
    >>
    >>> Why does Outlook Express decide my photographs should not be sent as
    >>> they may be unsafe?

    >> Because you have told it to do so ..
    >>
    >> Tools - Options - Security ...

    > Not really, OE defaults to those settings. Unless someone knows enough
    > to look through program options when using it for the first time, it's
    > a bit more like Microsoft told it to do so ;)

    Heheheh .. a minor point, but valid nonetheless .. I stand corrected.

    ;)

    --
    .............................Paul - xxx
    http://www.tvlicensing.biz/

    Paul - xxx, Jul 30, 2003
  10. On Wed, 30 Jul 2003 20:54:52 +0100, "Paul - xxx"
    <> wrote:

    >Heheheh .. a minor point, but valid nonetheless .. I stand corrected.

    Nah, it wasn't really a correction... more like an observation of a
    useless default. Disabling ALL attachments would *really* stop
    viruses, especially with OE's built in "execute everything that's
    executable" engine.

    a 32 bit process, Jul 31, 2003