    Is there a way to send messages from computer to computer?
    That is, I want to be able to send short messages from my PC to my
    laptop over the wireles network. Max length needs to be < 25 char.

    JLunis, Mar 30, 2005

  2. This is not a wireless specific answer but should do the trick:

    net send

    The syntax of this command is:

    NET SEND
    {name | * | /DOMAIN[:name] | /USERS}

    newsgroup purposes only.

    Jim Seifert [MSFT], Mar 30, 2005

  3. JLunis

    old guy Guest

    Jim Seifert [MSFT] wrote:
    > This is not a wireless specific answer but should do the trick:
    >
    > net send
    >
    > The syntax of this command is:
    >

    > NET SEND
    > {name | * | /DOMAIN[:name] | /USERS}

    Thanks. Since I am not a tech guy,
    name - is that the name of my network?
    DOMAIN - is that the 186.56.746.2 type of domain?

    old guy, Mar 30, 2005
  4. JLunis

    BobC Guest

    On Wed, 30 Mar 2005 13:45:23 -0500, old guy wrote:

    > Jim Seifert [MSFT] wrote:
    >> This is not a wireless specific answer but should do the trick:
    >>
    >> net send
    >>
    >> The syntax of this command is:
    >>

    >> NET SEND
    >> {name | * | /DOMAIN[:name] | /USERS}
    >>

    > Thanks. Since I am not a tech guy,
    > name - is that the name of my network?
    > DOMAIN - is that the 186.56.746.2 type of domain?

    start > help and support > search > "net send".

    There is a good discussion with examples how to use net send.

    BobC, Mar 30, 2005
  5. JLunis

    JLunis Guest

    BobC wrote:
    > On Wed, 30 Mar 2005 13:45:23 -0500, old guy wrote:
    >

    >>Jim Seifert [MSFT] wrote:
    >>
    >>>This is not a wireless specific answer but should do the trick:
    >>>
    >>>net send
    >>>
    >>>The syntax of this command is:
    >>>

    >>>NET SEND
    >>>{name | * | /DOMAIN[:name] | /USERS}
    >>>

    >>Thanks. Since I am not a tech guy,
    >>name - is that the name of my network?
    >>DOMAIN - is that the 186.56.746.2 type of domain?

    > start > help and support > search > "net send".
    >
    > There is a good discussion with examples how to use net send.

    You were correct. Only problem - I still didn't find what a DOMAIN name
    is. The examples just put a word 'robertf' in the DOMAIN slot.

    JLunis, Mar 30, 2005
  6. JLunis

    BobC Guest

    On Wed, 30 Mar 2005 15:24:18 -0500, JLunis wrote:

    > BobC wrote:

    >>>Thanks. Since I am not a tech guy,
    >>>name - is that the name of my network?
    >>>DOMAIN - is that the 186.56.746.2 type of domain?

    >> start > help and support > search > "net send".
    >>
    >> There is a good discussion with examples how to use net send.

    > You were correct. Only problem - I still didn't find what a DOMAIN name
    > is. The examples just put a word 'robertf'

    In the help discription the character | means "or". You do not need to
    include a domain name it is optional.

    BobC, Mar 30, 2005