    they don't have to open each one?

    TIA

    Louise

    Louise, Aug 27, 2003

  2. "Louise" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > I recently purchased the Canon S400 and have returned from
    > vacation with many many pictures.
    >
    > I want to send a CD to a few friends, but don't want to
    > irritate them too much. Most are running Win XP - what
    > would be the best instructions I could give them as to how
    > to view the pictures in some kind of slide mode so that
    > they don't have to open each one?
    >
    > TIA
    >
    > Louise

    I Win XP if you open Explorer and just double click the first picture it
    opens "Windows Picture and Fax Viewer" (assuming Windows is not configured
    to open jpg files with some other application), with a view of that picture.
    Then either hit <F11> or click on the button at the bottom that starts the
    slide show for every picture in that folder.

    --
    Willy

    Willy Boehnke, Aug 27, 2003

  3. > I want to send a CD to a few friends, but don't want to
    > irritate them too much. Most are running Win XP - what
    > would be the best instructions I could give them as to how
    > to view the pictures in some kind of slide mode so that
    > they don't have to open each one?

    u can generate for example html - just small navigation for all your photos
    using for example ACDSee 5.0,
    then u can simply made ur cd to be autostarded adding autostart.inf :)
    they just put cd to cdrom, and everything will be automatic :)

    Tomash Bednarz, Aug 27, 2003
  4. On Wed, 27 Aug 2003 00:43:52 -0400, Louise <> wrote:

    > I recently purchased the Canon S400 and have returned from
    > vacation with many many pictures.
    >
    > I want to send a CD to a few friends, but don't want to
    > irritate them too much. Most are running Win XP - what
    > would be the best instructions I could give them as to how
    > to view the pictures in some kind of slide mode so that
    > they don't have to open each one?

    With Windoze XP, ask them to open the folder and select Thumbnails under the
    View menu.

    The other way would be for all of them to use a third party program like Thumbs
    Plus.

    A bit more than, Aug 27, 2003
  5. Louise

    Ed Ruf Guest

    On Wed, 27 Aug 2003 00:43:52 -0400, in rec.photo.digital Louise
    <> wrote:

    >I recently purchased the Canon S400 and have returned from
    >vacation with many many pictures.
    >
    >I want to send a CD to a few friends, but don't want to
    >irritate them too much. Most are running Win XP - what
    >would be the best instructions I could give them as to how
    >to view the pictures in some kind of slide mode so that
    >they don't have to open each one?

    Either make your own galleries of thumbnails linked to larger copies of
    images or make a slide show on the CD itself using Irfanview (free but for
    PCs only) loaded on the CD. Totally self contained this way.
    Ed Ruf Lifetime AMA# 344007 ()
    http://members.cox.net/egruf
    See images taken with my CP-990 and 5700 at
    http://members.cox.net/egruf-digicam

    Ed Ruf, Aug 27, 2003
  6. Louise

    Ron Hunter Guest

    Louise wrote:

    > I recently purchased the Canon S400 and have returned from
    > vacation with many many pictures.
    >
    > I want to send a CD to a few friends, but don't want to
    > irritate them too much. Most are running Win XP - what
    > would be the best instructions I could give them as to how
    > to view the pictures in some kind of slide mode so that
    > they don't have to open each one?
    >
    > TIA
    >
    > Louise

    If they have WinXP and it is set up for defaults, the it will take care
    of giving them a slideshow mode when the CD is put in the drive. If
    not, they probably already have a program like Irfanview that does a
    good job of showing pictures from a CD.

    Ron Hunter, Aug 27, 2003
  7. Louise

    csm Guest

    "Louise" <> wrote in message
    > I recently purchased the Canon S400 and have returned from
    > vacation with many many pictures.
    >
    > I want to send a CD to a few friends, but don't want to
    > irritate them too much. Most are running Win XP - what
    > would be the best instructions I could give them as to how
    > to view the pictures in some kind of slide mode so that
    > they don't have to open each one?
    >
    > TIA
    >
    > Louise

    You can use a free program on the CD to do a slideshow or to just view the
    pictures.
    http://www.irfanview.com/

    For PC only. No Mac.
    --
    CSM1
    http://www.carlmcmillan.com

    csm, Aug 27, 2003
  8. Louise

    Paul H. Guest

    "Louise" <> wrote in message
    > I recently purchased the Canon S400 and have returned from
    > vacation with many many pictures.
    >
    > I want to send a CD to a few friends, but don't want to
    > irritate them too much. Most are running Win XP - what
    > would be the best instructions I could give them as to how
    > to view the pictures in some kind of slide mode so that
    > they don't have to open each one?

    You can include a local copy of Irfanview ( www.irfanview.com ) on the CD
    along with the photos and a READ.ME file explaining how to activate
    Irfanview's slideshow feature. Or, you can use Irfanview to automatically
    create an HTML file of the photos and send your pictures as a
    thumbnail-accessible web page.

    Paul H., Aug 27, 2003
  9. Louise

    Mike in IL Guest

    Louise,

    If you are using EZ CD creator to burn your Photo CD, it has an option
    to create a slide show. It's all explained in the help menu. Your
    recipients just pop the CD in the drive and a slide show will
    auto-start.

    Mike in IL, Aug 31, 2003
  10. Louise

    Abrasha Guest

    Tomash Bednarz wrote:

    > > I want to send a CD to a few friends, but don't want to
    > > irritate them too much. Most are running Win XP - what
    > > would be the best instructions I could give them as to how
    > > to view the pictures in some kind of slide mode so that
    > > they don't have to open each one?

    > u can generate for example html - just small navigation for all your photos
    > using for example ACDSee 5.0,
    > then u can simply made ur cd to be autostarded adding autostart.inf :)
    > they just put cd to cdrom, and everything will be automatic :)

    Will ACDSee allow you to make the CD autorun from within that program? Or do
    you have to do it manually and/or with other software?

    Abrasha
    http://www.abrasha.com

    Abrasha, Sep 7, 2003
  11. Louise

    HRosita Guest

    Hi,

    I use a shareware program called MySlideShow from:
    www.anixsoft.com
    cost is I believe $20.
    It is incredibly simple to work with, has transitions, the capability to add
    background music, titles or voice recordings, and will create an exe file with
    outorun on a CD so that all a person has to do is insert the CD and it will
    play, music and all.
    Rosita

    HRosita, Sep 7, 2003
  12. Louise

    Abrasha Guest

    HRosita wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > I use a shareware program called MySlideShow from:
    > www.anixsoft.com
    > cost is I believe $20.
    > It is incredibly simple to work with, has transitions, the capability to add
    > background music, titles or voice recordings, and will create an exe file with
    > outorun on a CD so that all a person has to do is insert the CD and it will
    > play, music and all.
    > Rosita

    Thanks for that answer. However, that is not what I asked for. The question
    was, if ACDSee will do this also.
    --
    Abrasha
    http://www.abrasha.com