    Leonard Rowe Guest

    How do I send a file of over 1mb to someone as my email provider doesn't
    allow me to send anything other than small attachments
    Leonard Rowe, Sep 7, 2004

  2. Leonard Rowe

    Pete Guest

    "Leonard Rowe" <> wrote in message
    news:Wlf%c.104$...
    > How do I send a file of over 1mb to someone as my email provider doesn't
    > allow me to send anything other than small attachments

    You could try
    https://s11.yousendit.com/
    Pete, Sep 7, 2004

  3. Leonard Rowe

    Livewire Guest

    In article <Wlf%c.104$>,
    says...

    Sign up at www.dropload.com

    It's a free service whereby you upload to them a file (up to 10meg, I
    think) and the email address you want to receive it. They email the
    person and tell them the file can be downloaded from Dropload.

    I was very suspicious at first, thinking there must be a catch or it
    must be some sort of scam or spyware. But it seems to do just what it
    says on the can. For free.
    Livewire, Sep 7, 2004
  4. Leonard Rowe

    Mcploppy © Guest

    Mcploppy ©, Sep 7, 2004
  5. Leonard Rowe

    Dan Evans Guest

    > How do I send a file of over 1mb to someone as my email provider doesn't
    > allow me to send anything other than small attachments

    As you're using Outlook Express, you can split large files and send them
    over multiple mails, and the recipient uses "Combine and Decode" to put them
    back together.

    Open your mail account properties (Tools > Accounts, select the account,
    click the properties button), then click the "Advanced" tab, and down the
    bottom you'll see a grayed out option to "Split files larger than 60 kb".
    Put a tick in the box, and choose the maximum size you want to a part to be.
    Apply and OK you're way out of that, then send the mail.

    Dan

    Dan Evans, Sep 7, 2004
  6. Leonard Rowe

    Henrik Guest

    > How do I send a file of over 1mb to someone as my email provider doesn't
    > allow me to send anything other than small attachments

    Also, consider getting a different ISP. 1MB is a pretty small size cap.
    Henrik, Sep 7, 2004
  7. Leonard Rowe wrote:

    > How do I send a file of over 1mb to someone as my email provider doesn't
    > allow me to send anything other than small attachments

    You probably already have some free webspace at your ISP; upload it
    there and tell someone to download it. If you don't, get some space at
    a free site provider and do it there.

    --
    Blinky Linux Registered User 297263

    Go Blue
    Blinky the Shark, Sep 7, 2004
  8. Leonard Rowe

    127.0.0.1 Guest

    > How do I send a file of over 1mb to someone as my email provider doesn't
    > allow me to send anything other than small attachments

    file compression software
    winzip

    or connect using instant messaging with file transfer...

    -a|ex
    127.0.0.1, Sep 8, 2004
  9. Leonard Rowe

    WormWood Guest

    "Livewire" <> wrote in message
    > In article <Wlf%c.104$>,
    > says...
    >> How do I send a file of over 1mb to someone as my email provider
    >> doesn't
    >> allow me to send anything other than small attachments
    >>

    > Sign up at www.dropload.com
    >
    > It's a free service whereby you upload to them a file (up to 10meg, I
    > think) and the email address you want to receive it. They email the
    > person and tell them the file can be downloaded from Dropload.
    >
    > I was very suspicious at first, thinking there must be a catch or it
    > must be some sort of scam or spyware. But it seems to do just what it
    > says on the can. For free.

    *And*, did you think of all the free email addies they get that way that
    could be sold to spammers?
    WormWood, Sep 8, 2004
  10. Leonard Rowe

    Pennywise Guest

    On Tue, 07 Sep 2004 09:40:06 GMT, "Leonard Rowe"
    <> wrote:

    |>How do I send a file of over 1mb to someone as my email provider doesn't
    |>allow me to send anything other than small attachments

    Post it to an unused newsgroup.
    Pennywise, Sep 8, 2004
  11. Leonard Rowe

    Mcploppy © Guest

    Leonard Rowe typed:

    > How do I send a file of over 1mb to someone as my email provider
    > doesn't allow me to send anything other than small attachments

    Also u could try hotmail:
    From this autumn, all free Hotmail accounts will have a 250MB inbox, as well
    as the ability to send and receive attachments of up to 10MB

    --
    McPloppy ©

    { Remove both MyShoes to email me }
    { Homepage: http://tinyurl.com/bbel }
    { Local Radio: http://tinyurl.com/j1vi }
    { My Alternative Site: http://tinyurl.com/rynb }
    Mcploppy ©, Sep 11, 2004
  12. Leonard Rowe

    dwacon Guest

    Leonard Rowe writed:

    > How do I send a file of over 1mb to someone as my email provider
    > doesn't allow me to send anything other than small attachments

    There is a program called hjsplit that will split a file into chunks. The
    recipient on the other end will need the tool to join the chunks back
    together.

    http://www.freebyte.com/hjsplit/

    HTH

    --
    The generation that used acid to escape reality
    Is now using antacid to deal with reality
    dwacon, Sep 11, 2004