    use the built in fax console supplied. I have no problem recieving them but
    when I try to send, the receiving fax/telephone just rings out twice and
    then a get a message 'line busy'. Any ideas plse.

    Arnold, Dec 28, 2004

  2. Arnold

    ady Guest

    "Arnold" <> wrote in message
    news:D0kAd.58170$...
    > Hi, I have a problem sending faxes via my computer. i'm running win xp and
    > use the built in fax console supplied. I have no problem recieving them

    but
    > when I try to send, the receiving fax/telephone just rings out twice and
    > then a get a message 'line busy'. Any ideas plse.

    Just tell us you're not on dial-up...please!?

    ady, Dec 28, 2004

  3. Arnold

    Arnold Guest

    Yes I am. Is that a problem. I've managed to send them in the past though.

    Arnold, Dec 28, 2004
  4. Arnold

    Chet Guest

    Your fax software probably has a setting somewhere to specify how long to
    allow it to wait for an answer before assuming "busy". It isn't actually
    detecting a busy signal, just a no-answer.

    Chet, Dec 29, 2004
  5. Hi there Arnold

    I have the same problem and have not found anyone able to answer it. What
    makes it confusing is that it worked fine until recently. I am fairly sure
    it's not a modem problem but try reinstalling the drivers just in case.
    There is no 'wait for X rings' setting in WinXP Fax Console or the Registry
    that I can find that you can adjust.

    I asked the question in microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers but got no
    helpful replies. Perhaps you might be luckier. The only definite solution I
    can suggest is to obtain third party software.

    John

    John Rampling, Dec 29, 2004
  6. Arnold

    Arnold Guest

    Thanks for the replies and I'll check the settings. Regarding third party
    software - I have a fax package that came with my printer it's produced by a
    company called BVRP but I have the same problem with this.

    Arnold, Dec 29, 2004
  7. Arnold

    ady Guest

    Sorry Arnold, was having one of those moments...
    You aren't trying to send faxes at the same time as being online are you -
    that would engage your telephone line.
    Sounds daft I know, but I have come across that one many times...

    hth
    Ady

    ady, Dec 29, 2004