    could not be sent no sender was specified.
    please check your news account configuration. could any one help.
    thanks
    melanie kilbride, Jul 30, 2004

  2. melanie kilbride

    Gordon Guest

    "melanie kilbride" <> wrote in message
    news:cecuv0$hv5$...
    > when I send e-mails from my lap top I keep getting the massage this

    massage
    > could not be sent no sender was specified.
    > please check your news account configuration. could any one help.
    > thanks

    the clue is in "News Account" - you don't send emails through a News server.
    Gordon, Jul 30, 2004

  3. melanie kilbride

    Paul - xxx Guest

    melanie kilbride typed:
    > when I send e-mails from my lap top I keep getting the massage this
    > massage could not be sent no sender was specified.
    > please check your news account configuration. could any one help.
    > thanks

    You're not sending emails via a news account are you ?

    Check you have an email account using a pop server and an smtp server
    specified ... News accounts use nntp servers, generally, and don't send
    emails .. ;)

    --
    Paul ...

    (8(|) ... Homer Rocks
    Paul - xxx, Jul 30, 2004
  4. melanie kilbride wrote:

    > when I send e-mails from my lap top I keep getting the massage this
    > massage

    I dunno, but when you get this worked out, I'd like one of these
    massages.

    --
    Blinky Linux Registered User 297263

    An Important Health Reminder http://snipurl.com/healthyshark
    Blinky the Shark, Jul 30, 2004
  5. melanie kilbride

    Paul - xxx Guest

    Re: sending e-mails -- pardon me for swearing ...

    Blinky the Shark typed:
    > melanie kilbride wrote:
    >
    >> when I send e-mails from my lap top I keep getting the massage this
    >> massage

    > I dunno, but when you get this worked out, I'd like one of these
    > massages.

    Hey, Blinky ..

    http://snipurl.com/healthyshark

    Fucking ace site ... I mean, absolutely fucking A +++ ;)

    I 'found' sidekick again, a program I used to use, but 'lost' somewhere back
    in 2k ... and, as may be usual, found another program (Outlook) that I've
    never been quite as comfortable with since, it just never occurred to me to
    look for it again as when I first looked was told that it had 'become'
    Outlook anyway ... .;)

    Many, many thanks ... I owe you .. ;)

    --
    Paul ...

    (8(|) ... Homer Rocks
    Paul - xxx, Jul 30, 2004
  6. Re: sending e-mails -- pardon me for swearing ...

    Paul - xxx wrote:
    > Blinky the Shark typed:
    >> melanie kilbride wrote:

    >>> when I send e-mails from my lap top I keep getting the massage this
    >>> massage

    >> I dunno, but when you get this worked out, I'd like one of these
    >> massages.

    > Hey, Blinky ..

    > http://snipurl.com/healthyshark

    > Fucking ace site ... I mean, absolutely fucking A +++ ;)

    Aw, shucks. <blush>

    > I 'found' sidekick again, a program I used to use, but 'lost' somewhere back

    Used that for years. Most of that small collection of freeware is
    stuff I used and recommended back in the Windows Decade.

    > in 2k ... and, as may be usual, found another program (Outlook) that I've
    > never been quite as comfortable with since, it just never occurred to me to
    > look for it again as when I first looked was told that it had 'become'
    > Outlook anyway ... .;)

    You can't make your own (flat) databases in Outlook, can you, like you
    can with Sidekick?

    > Many, many thanks ... I owe you .. ;)

    Happy to have been a small cog in a good unfolding of events. :)

    Blinky the Shark, Jul 30, 2004