    florida until late april/09. any help would really be appreciated.

    thanks in advance
    kurly

    Kurly, Jan 11, 2009

  2. Kurly

    Dan C Guest

    On Sat, 10 Jan 2009 20:15:47 -0800, Kurly wrote:

    > Hi there everyone,
    > I was just wondering if anyone knows a bit about mac's? for some reason
    > my mother purchased a mac recently, she says that when she sends an
    > excel attatchment via e-mail to a pc, it arrives as a zip file? and
    > doesnt open? I'm not sure if she's explaining this correctly, but I
    > can't check because she on vacation(retirement ) in florida until late
    > april/09. any help would really be appreciated.

    Tell your mother to stop drinking so much. Or, tell her to quit wasting
    your valuable fucking time with stupid shit.

    Dan C, Jan 11, 2009

  3. Kurly

    G. Morgan Guest

    Dan C wrote:

    >The Usenet Improvement Project: http://improve-usenet.org

    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^

    Filters broken?

    --
    Consider the daffodil. And while you're doing that,
    I'll be over here, looking through your stuff. -Jack Handey

    G. Morgan, Jan 11, 2009
  4. Kurly

    Dan C Guest

    Dan C, Jan 11, 2009
  5. Kurly

    Pingu. Guest

    "Kurly" <snip>

    Hi there everyone,
    > I was just wondering if anyone knows a bit about mac's? for some
    > reason my mother purchased a mac recently, she says that when she
    > sends an excel attatchment via e-mail to a pc, it arrives as a zip
    > file? and doesnt open? I'm not sure if she's explaining this
    > correctly, but I can't check because she on vacation(retirement ) in
    > florida until late april/09. any help would really be appreciated.
    >
    > thanks in advance
    > kurly

    I had an Old Mac back in 1995. It was old in those days but it had a hand
    little application called PC Exchange. It would allow files from PC to be
    read by a Mac and vica-versa. Knowing how quick thinghs move on, there may
    be a chance it can be done.

    I did a search and found thiese.

    http://dotwhat.net/dosa/6861/

    as well as this,

    http://acorn.chriswhy.co.uk/docs/Acorn/Manuals/Acorn_PC_Exchange_UG.pdf

    Hope this can lead to solving the prob you have. :))
    --

    Pingu.

    Pingu., Jan 11, 2009