    between monitors?

    Thanks in advance,
    Jo

    Boppy, Feb 20, 2009

  2. On Fri, 20 Feb 2009 14:58:44 -0800 (PST), Boppy
    <> wrote:

    >Hi guys, I am plugging another monitor into my notebook and Vista/
    >Nvidia automatically brings up the mulit-monitor control panel where I
    >can set resolution, main screen, etc.
    >
    >What I don't have is the wee icon to send a window to the other
    >screen. I used to have this several computers ago, in XP, but can't
    >remember what it was called. Nvidia should provide this but no.
    >
    >Can anyone recommend an application to send programs back and forth
    >between monitors?
    >
    >Thanks in advance,
    >Jo

    Normally, you just drag the window to the right and it will move to
    the other monitor. Try moving the mouse cursor to the right and see
    if it moves to the other screen. If it does, then dragging should
    work.

    Stephen Worthington, Feb 20, 2009

  3. On Sat, 21 Feb 2009 16:11:02 +1300, Collector€NZ
    <> wrote:

    >Stephen Worthington wrote:
    >> On Fri, 20 Feb 2009 14:58:44 -0800 (PST), Boppy
    >> <> wrote:
    >>
    >>> Hi guys, I am plugging another monitor into my notebook and Vista/
    >>> Nvidia automatically brings up the mulit-monitor control panel where I
    >>> can set resolution, main screen, etc.
    >>>
    >>> What I don't have is the wee icon to send a window to the other
    >>> screen. I used to have this several computers ago, in XP, but can't
    >>> remember what it was called. Nvidia should provide this but no.
    >>>
    >>> Can anyone recommend an application to send programs back and forth
    >>> between monitors?
    >>>
    >>> Thanks in advance,
    >>> Jo

    >> Normally, you just drag the window to the right and it will move to
    >> the other monitor. Try moving the mouse cursor to the right and see
    >> if it moves to the other screen. If it does, then dragging should
    >> work.

    >Um not quite right, first you have to slect the Maximize/minimize so it
    >is in the minimize resizeable mode then click in the top bar hold the
    >button down and drag it to the other monitor

    Just dragging works for me on my Vista laptop. If it is too big on
    the secondary monitor (my TV), I don't drop it and put it back on the
    primary monitor, resize it and try again.

    Stephen Worthington, Feb 21, 2009
  4. On Fri, 20 Feb 2009 14:58:44 -0800 (PST), Boppy wrote:

    > Hi guys, I am plugging another monitor into my notebook and Vista/
    > Nvidia automatically brings up the mulit-monitor control panel where I
    > can set resolution, main screen, etc.
    >
    > What I don't have is the wee icon to send a window to the other
    > screen. I used to have this several computers ago, in XP, but can't
    > remember what it was called. Nvidia should provide this but no.
    >
    > Can anyone recommend an application to send programs back and forth
    > between monitors?
    >
    > Thanks in advance,
    > Jo

    On my puter i right click on the desktop and pick nview property's
    that brings up the nview desktop manager which allows you to attach the
    nview controls to the menu bar including the send to other monitor button
    and the enlarge to all monitors button and a few others, i think you can
    assign which apps open tho which monitor from here and set different pics
    on each monitor etc.

    Robin Halligan, Feb 21, 2009
  5. Boppy

    Richard Guest

    Stephen Worthington wrote:
    > Just dragging works for me on my Vista laptop. If it is too big on
    > the secondary monitor (my TV), I don't drop it and put it back on the
    > primary monitor, resize it and try again.

    Yes, but if you are a compulsive maximizer then that wont really be that
    good since you have to unmaximize, drag, and then maximize again, one of
    the bloatware packages with some video cards a while back had a thing
    that added more options to the menu for applications and in some cases
    had hotkeys as well.

    Richard, Feb 21, 2009
  6. Boppy

    SteveM Guest

    Allistar <> wrote in

    > Boppy wrote:

    SNIP

    > I recommend "UltraMon". I installed it on my wife's laptop and it
    > seems to work s treat. Put another icon on the window title bar (next
    > to minimise/maximum) that sends the window to another monitor.

    I second this. Very useful.

    Bigted

    SteveM, Feb 21, 2009
  7. Boppy

    Boppy Guest

    On Feb 21, 6:47 pm, Allistar <> wrote:
    > Boppy wrote:
    > > Hi guys, I am plugging another monitor into my notebook and Vista/
    > > Nvidia automatically brings up the mulit-monitor control panel where I
    > > can set resolution, main screen, etc.

    > > What I don't have is the wee icon to send a window to the other
    > > screen. I used to have this several computers ago, in XP, but can't
    > > remember what it was called. Nvidia should provide this but no.

    > > Can anyone recommend an application to send programs back and forth
    > > between monitors?

    > I recommend "UltraMon". I installed it on my wife's laptop and it seems to
    > work s treat. Put another icon on the window title bar (next to
    > minimise/maximum) that sends the window to another monitor.
    > --
    > A.

    Thankyou! THat's exactly the app I've been wanting and couldn't
    remember the name of it.
    Everyone else, thanks for your replies but resize, drag, resize,
    reposition, etc is too tiresome.

    Boppy, Feb 25, 2009