    IAN. P. GARDNER
    ISLE OF WIGHT
    www.gardner44.freeserve.co.uk

    IAN GARDNER, May 21, 2004

  2. IAN GARDNER

    Thor Guest

    it might be the size of the attachment. Many ISPs will block an attachment
    if is it too large.

    Thor, May 23, 2004

  3. IAN GARDNER

    Plato Guest

    IAN GARDNER wrote:

    > dear all,
    > i`m trying to send my friend an email with an attachment but his provider
    > rejects it.
    > I winziped it up and this would not show up.
    > Any idears anyone. It is a MS word Doc with a funny picture of a Woman`s
    > Carpark!

    Can he/she receive other attachments you send? ie a small one? Or is
    this the only one?

    For example, my partners email service limits the size of an incomming
    email including attachments to 500K. I have to drive over any larger
    files to his house. He has cable also. I think they do this so folks
    dont send tons of mp3s, music videos and such over email to conserve
    email server resources and/or so their email box doesn't fill up to
    capacity.

    On the other hand, some ISPs limit the size on any incomming email to
    50K. This is to
    combat the many emailing trojans out there that send a 100K or so
    attachment so your
    email box doesn't fill up to the pre-determined hard drive allowance
    with garbage so your legit text emails can still get through.

    The other thing is the email service most likely has a max size on the
    mailbox. Some of the free email web based services only give you 2 or 4
    meg. And some of the web-based
    email services I've used in the past you could set a max. size on the
    mail to a nice
    small size to essentially prevent any attachment from making it to your
    inbox, including
    the now very popular dozen or so 30K trojans which are making the
    rounds.

    Plato, May 23, 2004
  4. IAN GARDNER

    IAN GARDNER Guest

    "Thor" <> wrote in message
    > it might be the size of the attachment. Many ISPs will block an attachment
    > if is it too large.
    >

    > "IAN GARDNER" <> wrote in message
    > > dear all,
    > > i`m trying to send my friend an email with an attachment but his

    provider
    > > rejects it.
    > > I winziped it up and this would not show up.
    > > Any idears anyone. It is a MS word Doc with a funny picture of a Woman`s
    > > Carpark!

    Hello again Thor,
    I don`t think so this time. It is only about 60k. My friend said that his
    ISP blocked certain attachments. I wanted to try to get round it!
    Thanks.

    IAN GARDNER, May 23, 2004
  5. IAN GARDNER

    IAN GARDNER Guest

    "Plato" <|@|.|> wrote in message
    > IAN GARDNER wrote:
    > >
    > > dear all,
    > > i`m trying to send my friend an email with an attachment but his

    provider
    > > rejects it.
    > > I winziped it up and this would not show up.
    > > Any idears anyone. It is a MS word Doc with a funny picture of a Woman`s
    > > Carpark!

    > Can he/she receive other attachments you send? ie a small one? Or is
    > this the only one?
    >
    > For example, my partners email service limits the size of an incomming
    > email including attachments to 500K. I have to drive over any larger
    > files to his house. He has cable also. I think they do this so folks
    > dont send tons of mp3s, music videos and such over email to conserve
    > email server resources and/or so their email box doesn't fill up to
    > capacity.
    >
    > On the other hand, some ISPs limit the size on any incomming email to
    > 50K. This is to
    > combat the many emailing trojans out there that send a 100K or so
    > attachment so your
    > email box doesn't fill up to the pre-determined hard drive allowance
    > with garbage so your legit text emails can still get through.
    >
    > The other thing is the email service most likely has a max size on the
    > mailbox. Some of the free email web based services only give you 2 or 4
    > meg. And some of the web-based
    > email services I've used in the past you could set a max. size on the
    > mail to a nice
    > small size to essentially prevent any attachment from making it to your
    > inbox, including
    > the now very popular dozen or so 30K trojans which are making the
    > rounds.

    Thanks Plato,
    He got one of my emails and the other one he diddn`t.
    I`m playing 5 a-side football with him next week and I`ll ask him which one
    he got because I forgot what he said.
    Thanks Plato

    IAN GARDNER, May 23, 2004
  6. IAN GARDNER

    Pepperoni Guest

    If the picture is your main concern, post the pic to your web space and
    send him the URL. You can copy the text direct to your email message.

    Pepperoni, May 23, 2004
  7. IAN GARDNER

    IAN GARDNER Guest

    "Pepperoni" <> wrote in message
    > If the picture is your main concern, post the pic to your web space and
    > send him the URL. You can copy the text direct to your email message.
    >
    > "IAN GARDNER" <> wrote in message
    > > dear all,
    > > i`m trying to send my friend an email with an attachment but his

    provider
    > > rejects it.
    > > I winziped it up and this would not show up.
    > > Any idears anyone. It is a MS word Doc with a funny picture of a Woman`s
    > > Carpark!
    > >
    > > --
    > > IAN. P. GARDNER
    > > ISLE OF WIGHT
    > > www.gardner44.freeserve.co.uk

    "Good thinking, Batman" as Robin said. I could put the whole lot on it!
    Thanks.

    IAN GARDNER, May 24, 2004