    know that vodafone already do this for *their* customers, but I'm with
    Telecom and they don't seem to do that.

    Greg
    Greg, Nov 27, 2010

  2. Greg

    Sparks Guest

    Greg wrote:

    > Anyone know of a free email to sms gateway, basically send an email to
    >
    > , and it arrives on your cellphone. Yes I
    > know that vodafone already do this for *their* customers, but I'm with
    > Telecom and they don't seem to do that.
    >
    > Greg

    Sending an email to used to send an SMS to
    Telecom customers.

    The recipient might have to sign up and agree to pay, before the email
    to sms gateway would deliver them any sms. Same with Vodafone and their
    email to sms gateway.
    Sparks, Nov 27, 2010

  3. Greg

    victor Guest

    On 27/11/2010 5:27 p.m., Greg wrote:
    > Anyone know of a free email to sms gateway, basically send an email to
    >
    > , and it arrives on your cellphone. Yes I
    > know that vodafone already do this for *their* customers, but I'm with
    > Telecom and they don't seem to do that.
    >
    > Greg

    Don't know about email, but you can use a voip provider

    http://forums.2talk.co.nz/viewtopic.php?p=144
    victor, Nov 27, 2010
  4. Greg

    Donchano Guest

    On Sat, 27 Nov 2010 21:04:08 +1300, victor <> shouted
    from the highest rooftop:

    >On 27/11/2010 5:27 p.m., Greg wrote:
    >> Anyone know of a free email to sms gateway, basically send an email to
    >>
    >> , and it arrives on your cellphone. Yes I
    >> know that vodafone already do this for *their* customers, but I'm with
    >> Telecom and they don't seem to do that.
    >>
    >> Greg

    >Don't know about email, but you can use a voip provider
    >
    >http://forums.2talk.co.nz/viewtopic.php?p=144

    I just checked my Skype account and they want a shocking NZD0.97 to
    send a SMS text to my Telecom cellphone. Fat chance ...
    Donchano, Nov 27, 2010
  5. Greg

    Me Guest

    On 28/11/2010 10:30 a.m., Donchano wrote:

    > On Sat, 27 Nov 2010 21:04:08 +1300, victor<> shouted
    > from the highest rooftop:
    >
    >> On 27/11/2010 5:27 p.m., Greg wrote:
    >>> Anyone know of a free email to sms gateway, basically send an email to
    >>>
    >>> , and it arrives on your cellphone. Yes I
    >>> know that vodafone already do this for *their* customers, but I'm with
    >>> Telecom and they don't seem to do that.
    >>>
    >>> Greg

    >> Don't know about email, but you can use a voip provider
    >>
    >> http://forums.2talk.co.nz/viewtopic.php?p=144

    > I just checked my Skype account and they want a shocking NZD0.97 to
    > send a SMS text to my Telecom cellphone. Fat chance ...

    Really?
    I use Skype to SMS, and cost is something like AUD$0.13 per message to
    Telecom.
    Me, Nov 27, 2010
  6. Greg

    Donchano Guest

    On Sun, 28 Nov 2010 11:29:30 +1300, Me <> shouted
    from the highest rooftop:

    >On 28/11/2010 10:30 a.m., Donchano wrote:
    >>
    >> On Sat, 27 Nov 2010 21:04:08 +1300, victor<> shouted
    >> from the highest rooftop:

    >>> Don't know about email, but you can use a voip provider
    >>>
    >>> http://forums.2talk.co.nz/viewtopic.php?p=144

    >> I just checked my Skype account and they want a shocking NZD0.97 to
    >> send a SMS text to my Telecom cellphone. Fat chance ...

    >Really?
    >I use Skype to SMS, and cost is something like AUD$0.13 per message to
    >Telecom.

    DUHHHH. My mistake. It costs NZD0.097 (or ten cents) per SMS message.
    Just tried it and it works beautifully. Which means ... when our
    granddaughter sends us a text and we're at home, I don't have to
    agonise over the response. FREE AT LAST ...
    Donchano, Nov 27, 2010
  7. Greg wrote:

    >> Anyone know of a free email to sms gateway, basically send an email to
    >>
    >> , and it arrives on your cellphone. Yes I
    >> know that vodafone already do this for *their* customers, but I'm with
    >> Telecom and they don't seem to do that.
    >>
    >> Greg

    Not free, but usably reasonable -
    http://www.voipstunt.com/en/sms-rates.html Just change drop down
    option to NZ$ for a looksee.
    Lukagain Cos ThistleBounce, Nov 27, 2010
  8. Greg

    Me Guest

    On 28/11/2010 12:25 p.m., Donchano wrote:

    > On Sun, 28 Nov 2010 11:29:30 +1300, Me<> shouted
    > from the highest rooftop:
    >
    >> On 28/11/2010 10:30 a.m., Donchano wrote:
    >>>
    >>> On Sat, 27 Nov 2010 21:04:08 +1300, victor<> shouted
    >>> from the highest rooftop:

    >>> I just checked my Skype account and they want a shocking NZD0.97 to
    >>> send a SMS text to my Telecom cellphone. Fat chance ...

    >> Really?
    >> I use Skype to SMS, and cost is something like AUD$0.13 per message to
    >> Telecom.

    > DUHHHH. My mistake. It costs NZD0.097 (or ten cents) per SMS message.
    > Just tried it and it works beautifully. Which means ... when our
    > granddaughter sends us a text and we're at home, I don't have to
    > agonise over the response. FREE AT LAST ...

    What currency do you use? Do they accept NZD payment now?
    Yeah - skype does work beautifully for SMS.
    My teenager's group of friends have just cottoned on to skype, and are
    using it for contact/chat as the "latest thing".
    Two years ago it was SMS at 1000+ messages a month, then until recently,
    Facebook.
    Me, Nov 28, 2010
  9. Greg

    Donchano Guest

    On Sun, 28 Nov 2010 15:09:39 +1300, Me <> shouted
    from the highest rooftop:

    >On 28/11/2010 12:25 p.m., Donchano wrote:
    >>
    >> On Sun, 28 Nov 2010 11:29:30 +1300, Me<> shouted
    >> from the highest rooftop:

    >>> Really?
    >>> I use Skype to SMS, and cost is something like AUD$0.13 per message to
    >>> Telecom.

    >> DUHHHH. My mistake. It costs NZD0.097 (or ten cents) per SMS message.
    >> Just tried it and it works beautifully. Which means ... when our
    >> granddaughter sends us a text and we're at home, I don't have to
    >> agonise over the response. FREE AT LAST ...
    >>

    >What currency do you use? Do they accept NZD payment now?
    >Yeah - skype does work beautifully for SMS.
    >My teenager's group of friends have just cottoned on to skype, and are
    >using it for contact/chat as the "latest thing".
    >Two years ago it was SMS at 1000+ messages a month, then until recently,
    >Facebook.

    That makes two mistakes in one day!!! I put in my NZ cellphone number
    and made the wrong assumption about the cost being in NZ dollars. It's
    USD0.097 ... which will buy me a dime.
    Donchano, Nov 28, 2010