    do I need a specific fax/printer thing.

    Regards

    Newt

    Newt, Aug 10, 2003

  2. Newt

    Norm Guest

    All you need now is a modem. You can easily test it by printing a document
    and choosing the modem instead of the printer. I don't know if the windows
    fax console works this way but usually all other fax programs do.

    Norm, Aug 10, 2003

  3. Newt

    PJS Guest

    You do have the fax capabilities if you have XP Pro. You do have to make
    sure that the "fax printer" is installed with your printer (it shows as just
    another printer. Then it all depends if you want to send a document already
    on your system or scan something to send.

    When you think about it, the fax printer driver is just another printer. The
    only difference is that it sends the document (or graphic from your scanner)
    somewhere else courtesy of your modem rather then printing it locally.

    Pete

    PJS, Aug 21, 2003