    Many thanks.

    Martin

    --

    Martin Brookes, Jul 14, 2004

  2. Martin Brookes

    joevan Guest

    On Wed, 14 Jul 2004 20:33:48 +0000 (UTC), "Martin Brookes"
    <> wrote:

    >I have just installed BT Yahoo! Broadband, upgrading from Anytime.
    >
    >I wish to send a fax using WinFax Pro. This was straightforward with a
    >dial-up internal modem on Anytime. But with broadband (connected or not),
    >WinFax Pro tells me I have no dial tone. I can't see anything obvious in
    >WinFax Pro which can solve this problem by, say, adding another connection.
    >
    >Can anyone help me to set up my WinFax Pro so that I can send faxes using my
    >broadband connection please?
    >
    >Many thanks.
    >
    >Martin

    Install a dial up fax modem. It will work just great.
    joevan

    joevan, Jul 14, 2004

  3. Martin Brookes

    Unk Guest

    <> wrote:

    >I have just installed BT Yahoo! Broadband, upgrading from Anytime.
    >
    >I wish to send a fax using WinFax Pro. This was straightforward with a
    >dial-up internal modem on Anytime. But with broadband (connected or not),
    >WinFax Pro tells me I have no dial tone. I can't see anything obvious in
    >WinFax Pro which can solve this problem by, say, adding another connection.
    >
    >Can anyone help me to set up my WinFax Pro so that I can send faxes using my
    >broadband connection please?
    >
    >Many thanks.
    >
    >Martin

    You still need the Data/Fax Modem for that.
    You can't send or receive a fax via broadband unless you use a web-based FAX
    service. http://www.efax.com/

    Unk, Jul 14, 2004
  4. Martin Brookes

    ron Guest

    "Martin Brookes" <> wrote in message
    > I have just installed BT Yahoo! Broadband, upgrading from Anytime.
    >
    > I wish to send a fax using WinFax Pro. This was straightforward with a
    > dial-up internal modem on Anytime. But with broadband (connected or not),
    > WinFax Pro tells me I have no dial tone. I can't see anything obvious in
    > WinFax Pro which can solve this problem by, say, adding another

    connection.

    > Can anyone help me to set up my WinFax Pro so that I can send faxes using

    my
    > broadband connection please?
    >
    > Many thanks.
    >
    > Martin
    >
    > --

    DO you have a telephone connection on your broadband line? NO! That is why
    you have no dial tone! You cannot send a FAX to a FAX machine using a
    broadband connection.

    ron, Jul 14, 2004
  5. Martin Brookes

    Rick Merrill Guest

    Martin Brookes wrote:
    > I have just installed BT Yahoo! Broadband, upgrading from Anytime.
    >
    > I wish to send a fax using WinFax Pro. This was straightforward with a
    > dial-up internal modem on Anytime. But with broadband (connected or not),
    > WinFax Pro tells me I have no dial tone. I can't see anything obvious in
    > WinFax Pro which can solve this problem by, say, adding another connection.
    >
    > Can anyone help me to set up my WinFax Pro so that I can send faxes using my
    > broadband connection please?

    Forget the modem;

    http://home.efax.com/s/r/googlefax?CMP=KNC-33675WebFax

    might be what you're looking for! - RM

    Rick Merrill, Jul 14, 2004
  6. Martin Brookes

    joevan Guest

    On Wed, 14 Jul 2004 20:52:42 GMT, Rick Merrill
    <> wrote:

    >Martin Brookes wrote:
    >> I have just installed BT Yahoo! Broadband, upgrading from Anytime.
    >>
    >> I wish to send a fax using WinFax Pro. This was straightforward with a
    >> dial-up internal modem on Anytime. But with broadband (connected or not),
    >> WinFax Pro tells me I have no dial tone. I can't see anything obvious in
    >> WinFax Pro which can solve this problem by, say, adding another connection.
    >>
    >> Can anyone help me to set up my WinFax Pro so that I can send faxes using my
    >> broadband connection please?

    >Forget the modem;
    >
    >http://home.efax.com/s/r/googlefax?CMP=KNC-33675WebFax
    >
    >might be what you're looking for! - RM

    Maybe since he already has winfax pro a modem might not be so bad.
    They should be fairly cheap these days. The one I have someone gave
    me.
    How much does it cost once the free time is over? One could check it
    out and weigh the differences.
    My voice fax modem works flawlessly and it is always there waiting and
    cost no more than the 10 cents or less for the fax I rarely have to
    send.
    joevan

    joevan, Jul 14, 2004
  7. Thanks for all your help. Task completed by plugging in my old dial-up
    connection which uses my internal modem.

    Martin Brookes, Jul 15, 2004
  8. Martin Brookes

    joevan Guest

    On Thu, 15 Jul 2004 08:36:11 +0000 (UTC), "Martin Brookes"
    <> wrote:

    >Thanks for all your help. Task completed by plugging in my old dial-up
    >connection which uses my internal modem.

    You're welcome
    joevan

    joevan, Jul 15, 2004