    if that problem applied to Office 2007.

    Any suggestions on a fix would be very welcome!

    - Ryan

    Ryan K, Jul 22, 2008

  2. Unfortunately, what you're trying to do won't work. What you _can_ do is set
    up email using Outlook Express as well, so that Send To Mail can work with
    it. You can still use Outlook 2k7 as your primary mail reader.

    The issue is that Outlook is a 32-bit program(both 2k3 and 2k7), and the
    SendTo is an Explorer extension, so 64-bit. A 64-bit DLL can't call a 32-bit
    EXE, which is what would have to happen here. It can only call a 64-bit one.
    Since Outlook Express is a 64-bit application (as is Windows Mail on Vista
    64), that's your only real workaround. That or loading a separate 32-bit
    Explorer window - see my blog way back around the time of XP x64's release,
    or search on WinZip and you should find the steps for that workaround.

    --
    Charlie.

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Jul 22, 2008

  3. Ryan K

    Ryan K Guest

    Thanks Charlie! Unfortunately you've confirmed my fears, but I do really
    appreciate the thorough and rapid response!

    Ryan K, Jul 22, 2008
  4. Thanks Charlie. I accept your information as true and factual.

    However, this is totally LAME. MS Office is a major app, of their own
    design, and MS could certainly find a way to make this work instead of just
    leaving everyone hanging. To me this is a problem and MS's failure to
    address this issue is very disappointing.

    David Wheelock, Mar 9, 2009
  5. It is what it is. Keep in mind that MS operating systems are NOT the same
    people, resources or budgets that MS applications are. And neither the EU
    nor the US DOJ are likely to even THINK of allowing them to be any closer.

    The limitation on how this stuff works in inherent in the decision (a wise
    one for a whole host of reasons), that doesn't allow a 64-bit application
    (Windows Explorer) to make an in-process call to a 32-bit DLL (and
    vice-versa). To get this to work, the Office team would have to write a
    64-bit DLL for their legacy application. That's just not going to happen.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/blogs/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Mar 9, 2009
  6. This is hard to believe that Novell was able to master this but Microsoft on
    thier own OS can not? We had Novell Groupwise installed it was 32bit but when
    our company upgraded to OFFICE 2007 this feature stopped working.

    Todd Fiebranz, Aug 5, 2009
  7. Ryan K

    RNASNSMN Guest

    Creat a shortcut to your app in the ( C:\Documents and Settings\"user name
    here"\SendTo\ ) folder.

    I created a shortcut to "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft
    Office\Office12\outlook.exe" in the send to folder because the right click
    send to "mail recipient" did not work.
    Now I right-click file(s) send to "Outlook". It opens up a new mail message
    with the attachments ready to send.

    I also deleted the "Mail Recipient.MAPIMail" file. You don't need to delete
    it. I don't need it.

    Hope this help you all..............RNASNSMN

    RNASNSMN, Aug 25, 2009
  8. Ryan K

    datzent83 Guest

    Nice suggestion! Worked great for me!

    datzent83, Sep 22, 2009
  9. Ryan K

    Rce23ERAU Guest

    Excellent Suggestion! Works Great!

    Rce23ERAU, Nov 30, 2009
  10. Ryan K

    Renato Guest

    I'm using Windows 7 x64 with Microsoft Office 2003 32-bit. The "Send To Mail
    Recipient.mapimail" does work. I'm not sure if M$ fixed this in the new NT6
    (I haven't tried Windows 2008) code but they should write a fix for NT5
    (2003, XP).

    Renato, Jun 14, 2010
  11. Ryan K

    John L Guest

    Thanks RNASNSMN!
    One slight modification, be sure to add the /a switch to the shortcut so
    that it will include the file you want to send in the email. The switch goes
    outside of the quotes.

    "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office12\outlook.exe" /a

    John L, Jun 18, 2010