    Ray Greene Guest

    Anyone know if it's possible to do this?

    Ray Greene.

    Ray Greene, Aug 24, 2004

  2. Ray Greene

    Mackin Guest

    Mackin, Aug 24, 2004

  3. Ray Greene

    Ray Greene Guest

    On Tue, 24 Aug 2004 15:04:05 +1200, Mackin <> wrote:

    >Ray Greene wrote:
    >
    >> Anyone know if it's possible to do this?
    >>
    >> Ray Greene.

    >Is this what you mean?
    >
    >http://xtra.co.nz/mobile/0,,10402,00.html

    Thanks Mackin. I did ask Telecom if it could be done but according to
    them it can't :)

    There used to be sites that would send text messages for free. Are any
    of these still operating?

    Ray Greene.

    Ray Greene, Aug 24, 2004
  4. On Tue, 24 Aug 2004 15:32:38 +1200, Ray Greene <> wrote:

    >There used to be sites that would send text messages for free. Are any
    >of these still operating?

    There are hardly any of these (if any) still running, and those that
    did would use GSM network gateways. This usually means they could send
    to Vodafone mobiles, but not Telecom.

    --
    Kristofer Clayton (KJClayton)
    Gisborne, New Zealand

    Kristofer Clayton, Aug 24, 2004
  5. Ray Greene

    Collector_NZ Guest

    Kristofer Clayton said the following on 24/08/2004 17:42:

    > On Tue, 24 Aug 2004 15:32:38 +1200, Ray Greene <> wrote:
    >

    >>There used to be sites that would send text messages for free. Are any
    >>of these still operating?

    > There are hardly any of these (if any) still running, and those that
    > did would use GSM network gateways. This usually means they could send
    > to Vodafone mobiles, but not Telecom.
    >

    > --
    > Kristofer Clayton (KJClayton)
    > Gisborne, New Zealand

    I have a Vodaphone mobile and on the website they have web2txt
    (registration required) which works to 0274 and 021.
    But the charges come off your vodaphone acct.

    Collector_NZ, Aug 24, 2004
  6. Ray Greene

    Ray Greene Guest

    On Tue, 24 Aug 2004 18:24:22 +1200, Collector_NZ <>
    wrote:

    >Kristofer Clayton said the following on 24/08/2004 17:42:
    >
    >> On Tue, 24 Aug 2004 15:32:38 +1200, Ray Greene <> wrote:
    >>

    >>>There used to be sites that would send text messages for free. Are any
    >>>of these still operating?

    >> There are hardly any of these (if any) still running, and those that
    >> did would use GSM network gateways. This usually means they could send
    >> to Vodafone mobiles, but not Telecom.
    >>

    >> --
    >> Kristofer Clayton (KJClayton)
    >> Gisborne, New Zealand

    >I have a Vodaphone mobile and on the website they have web2txt
    >(registration required) which works to 0274 and 021.
    >But the charges come off your vodaphone acct.

    Thanks for the info guys.
    Looks like I'm out of luck.

    Ray Greene.

    Ray Greene, Aug 24, 2004
  7. Ray Greene wrote:
    > Looks like I'm out of luck.

    If you get a nokia phone on a telecom plan and also grab a data cable
    you can do it... I do it with my work phone.

    I'd imagine that you can also do it with the other phones, but not sure
    on that.

    --
    Dave Hall
    http://www.dave.net.nz

    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Aug 24, 2004
  8. Ray Greene

    Ray Greene Guest

    Thanks guys. I'll have to see if the budget will stretch to a new
    Nokia.

    Ray Greene.

    Ray Greene, Aug 25, 2004
  9. Ray Greene

    Mark Guest

    Mark, Aug 25, 2004
  10. Ray Greene

    John Guest

    "Ray Greene" <> wrote in message
    > On Tue, 24 Aug 2004 15:04:05 +1200, Mackin <> wrote:
    >
    > >Ray Greene wrote:
    > >
    > >> Anyone know if it's possible to do this?
    > >>
    > >> Ray Greene.

    > >Is this what you mean?
    > >
    > >http://xtra.co.nz/mobile/0,,10402,00.html

    > Thanks Mackin. I did ask Telecom if it could be done but according to
    > them it can't :)
    >
    > There used to be sites that would send text messages for free. Are any
    > of these still operating?
    >
    > Ray Greene.

    You can send free txts using this site http://www.sms.ac , don't know if it
    works with telecom but does with vodafone

    John, Aug 25, 2004