    difference but cannot see any. it's not life or death but it's bloody
    annoying. does anyone know a solution?

    Paul

    paul.bennett, Jul 30, 2003

  2. paul.bennett

    Geoff Guest

    I know it may be obvious, but are you sure there is anything to upload or
    download. If there isn't, then it will only flash very briefly. Also check
    again the "Read" tab under "Options" and make sure that the same boxes are
    ticked or unticked the same as your wifes. Anyway, assuming that this isn't
    the cause, try going to www.tomsterdam.com it is a website that specializes
    in OE

    Geoff.

    "paul.bennett" <> wrote in message
    > can anyone help with my trivial problem?
    > i use the latest version of Outlook with Windows XP. when i want use the
    > send/receive button i get a pane coming up saying "The requested task was
    > completed successfully" but it has done nothing. This also happens when
    > using newsgroups but the pane does not even stay onscreen. it just flashes
    > on for about 1/2 a second the goes without doing anything. My wife's uses

    it
    > as another user and her version contacts the server and does what it says

    it

    Geoff, Jul 30, 2003