    "send page", too! I use that feature a lot to send articles to
    friends annotated with my comments. Just sending the URL does me no
    good.
    Chazz Matt, Jul 8, 2004

  2. Chazz Matt

    Dr. Briefs Guest

    Chazz Matt apparently wrote thus:
    >"Send Page" option (right clicking or from File menu) is actually
    >"send link". It opens up a new mail message and pastes the URL in the
    >compose window.
    >That's a fine feature, but it's "send link", not "send page" as
    >advertised.

    Actually, the page is sent as an attachment. So it *does* send the
    page, just as "advertised.

    --
    Glenn Wang <>, http://www.capcorphq.com/
    Proud member of #SAS# and Co-Founder of #WASHU#
    Dr. Briefs, Jul 8, 2004

  3. Chazz Matt

    .BRIAN. Guest

    On 7/8/2004 04:16 AM, Chazz Matt wrote:
    > "Send Page" option (right clicking or from File menu) is actually
    > "send link". It opens up a new mail message and pastes the URL in the
    > compose window.
    >
    > That's a fine feature, but it's "send link", not "send page" as
    > advertised. I want "send page" -- which comes with IE and came with
    > Netscape Navigator. If you want "send link", then re-name the current
    > "send page" feature for truth in advertising -- and give me a REAL
    > "send page", too! I use that feature a lot to send articles to
    > friends annotated with my comments. Just sending the URL does me no
    > good.

    Holy shit. Deja Vu. Reading through the newsgroup before posting is
    usually a good thing to do.

    --
    Brian
    .BRIAN., Jul 8, 2004
  4. Chazz Matt

    Chazz Matt Guest

    ".BRIAN." <user@127.0.0.1> wrote in message news:<I7bHc.1309$Qj.459@lakeread01>...
    > On 7/8/2004 04:16 AM, Chazz Matt wrote:
    > > "Send Page" option (right clicking or from File menu) is actually
    > > "send link". It opens up a new mail message and pastes the URL in the
    > > compose window.
    > >
    > > That's a fine feature, but it's "send link", not "send page" as
    > > advertised. I want "send page" -- which comes with IE and came with
    > > Netscape Navigator. If you want "send link", then re-name the current
    > > "send page" feature for truth in advertising -- and give me a REAL
    > > "send page", too! I use that feature a lot to send articles to
    > > friends annotated with my comments. Just sending the URL does me no
    > > good.

    > Holy shit. Deja Vu. Reading through the newsgroup before posting is
    > usually a good thing to do.

    NO you are wrong. It just sends the URL. It does not send the page
    as an attachment.
    Chazz Matt, Jul 8, 2004
  5. Chazz Matt

    Chazz Matt Guest

    "Dr. Briefs" <> wrote in message news:<ccj4j0$>...
    > Chazz Matt apparently wrote thus:
    > >"Send Page" option (right clicking or from File menu) is actually
    > >"send link". It opens up a new mail message and pastes the URL in the
    > >compose window.
    > >That's a fine feature, but it's "send link", not "send page" as
    > >advertised.

    > Actually, the page is sent as an attachment. So it *does* send the
    > page, just as "advertised.

    NO, you are wrong. It send the URL pasted in a message. It does not
    send the page as an attachment. I am using Windows 2000 Pro with
    service pack 4 and Outlook 2003. I hit "send page" (in Firefox) and
    an new message compose window pops up with the URL pasted in. There
    are no attachments. I sent it to myself and all I got was a mail from
    me with a URL pasted in.

    I tested all this before posting. Did you?
    Chazz Matt, Jul 8, 2004
  6. Chazz Matt

    Chazz Matt Guest

    "Dr. Briefs" <> wrote in message news:<ccj4j0$>...
    > Chazz Matt apparently wrote thus:
    > >"Send Page" option (right clicking or from File menu) is actually
    > >"send link". It opens up a new mail message and pastes the URL in the
    > >compose window.
    > >That's a fine feature, but it's "send link", not "send page" as
    > >advertised.

    > Actually, the page is sent as an attachment. So it *does* send the
    > page, just as "advertised.
    >

    > --
    > Glenn Wang <>, http://www.capcorphq.com/
    > Proud member of #SAS# and Co-Founder of #WASHU#

    And even if it sent as an attachment that is inferior to how IE does
    it and how old Netscape used to do it. I want to SEE the web page I
    am sending. I want to be able to make comments on various paragraphs,
    maybe bold the most pertinent sentences.

    But, again, it does NOT send as an attachment, it sends as a link.
    And that is a bug. Or a lie. Either way, it needs to be fixed.
    Chazz Matt, Jul 8, 2004
  7. Chazz Matt

    .BRIAN. Guest

    On 7/8/2004 04:15 PM, Chazz Matt wrote:
    > ".BRIAN." <user@127.0.0.1> wrote in message news:<I7bHc.1309$Qj.459@lakeread01>...
    >
    >>On 7/8/2004 04:16 AM, Chazz Matt wrote:
    >>
    >>>"Send Page" option (right clicking or from File menu) is actually
    >>>"send link". It opens up a new mail message and pastes the URL in the
    >>>compose window.
    >>>
    >>>That's a fine feature, but it's "send link", not "send page" as
    >>>advertised. I want "send page" -- which comes with IE and came with
    >>>Netscape Navigator. If you want "send link", then re-name the current
    >>>"send page" feature for truth in advertising -- and give me a REAL
    >>>"send page", too! I use that feature a lot to send articles to
    >>>friends annotated with my comments. Just sending the URL does me no
    >>>good.

    >>Holy shit. Deja Vu. Reading through the newsgroup before posting is
    >>usually a good thing to do.

    > NO you are wrong. It just sends the URL. It does not send the page
    > as an attachment.

    Hmm... I didn't know I said that. I guess Google is messing up posts.

    --
    Brian
    .BRIAN., Jul 8, 2004
  8. Chazz Matt

    .BRIAN. Guest

    On 7/8/2004 04:24 PM, Chazz Matt wrote:

    > And even if it sent as an attachment that is inferior to how IE does
    > it and how old Netscape used to do it. I want to SEE the web page I
    > am sending. I want to be able to make comments on various paragraphs,
    > maybe bold the most pertinent sentences.
    >
    > But, again, it does NOT send as an attachment, it sends as a link.
    > And that is a bug. Or a lie. Either way, it needs to be fixed.

    Then go use IE and be happy. Obviously for what you need in your life,
    IE is the better choice. And if FF did send the page as an attachment,
    it would still only be your opinion that the method is "inferior".

    Have you filled to Bugzilla and filled out a bug report for your big
    discovery?

    I'm glad I have HTML email turned off in TB so I don't ever get that
    crap in my inbox.

    --
    Brian
    .BRIAN., Jul 9, 2004
  9. Chazz Matt

    Chazz Matt Guest

    ".BRIAN." <user@127.0.0.1> wrote in message news:<3jkHc.1961$Qj.74@lakeread01>...
    > On 7/8/2004 04:15 PM, Chazz Matt wrote:

    > >>Holy shit. Deja Vu. Reading through the newsgroup before posting is
    > >>usually a good thing to do.

    > > NO you are wrong. It just sends the URL. It does not send the page
    > > as an attachment.

    > Hmm... I didn't know I said that. I guess Google is messing up posts.

    You didn't, sorry. I replied to the wrong post. My bad.
    Chazz Matt, Jul 9, 2004
  10. Chazz Matt

    Chazz Matt Guest

    ".BRIAN." <user@127.0.0.1> wrote in message news:<NpkHc.1964$Qj.422@lakeread01>...
    > On 7/8/2004 04:24 PM, Chazz Matt wrote:
    >
    > > And even if it sent as an attachment that is inferior to how IE does
    > > it and how old Netscape used to do it. I want to SEE the web page I
    > > am sending. I want to be able to make comments on various paragraphs,
    > > maybe bold the most pertinent sentences.
    > >
    > > But, again, it does NOT send as an attachment, it sends as a link.
    > > And that is a bug. Or a lie. Either way, it needs to be fixed.

    > Then go use IE and be happy. Obviously for what you need in your life,
    > IE is the better choice. And if FF did send the page as an attachment,
    > it would still only be your opinion that the method is "inferior".
    >
    > Have you filled to Bugzilla and filled out a bug report for your big
    > discovery?
    >
    > I'm glad I have HTML email turned off in TB so I don't ever get that
    > crap in my inbox.

    Yes, besides posting the bug report here in the newsgroups, I also
    filled out an official bug report with Mozilla. The feedback I got
    was the bug was already reported that "send page" was mislabeled and
    in the future would probably be "send link", if I understood the
    e-mail correctly. However, I would love to have both.

    It's funny, the one thing I LOVED about Netscape 4.x was that "send
    page" feature. I am a news junkie (I work for a national cable news
    television network), and I am always sending news/editorial articles
    to friends -- with my comments. I was an early Netscape user (summer
    '95) and paid for a subscription. Years later, even after IE started
    improving, I still would not use IE because for the longest they
    didn't have a good "send page" function. Finally, Microsoft came up
    with one -- your choice of either "send page" or "send link". And it
    was a TRUE "send page" where you could SEE what was being sent in the
    message window, not a blind attachment. But, Microsfot still never
    made it a right-click choice like Netscape 4.x had...

    So, how hard would it be to improve upon IE in this regard? Both a
    "send page" AND "send link" choice -- and make it a right-click
    option.

    As for HTML formatting in e-mails... I produce an e-mail newsletter
    for my church's Singles group and I often insert images for
    illustrative purposes -- besides using different font sizes and
    underling for titles, and bolding some words or sentences. The
    newletter doesn't have to look like he church's website, but it does
    have to share some of those features (like the logo for instance?) to
    look professional. I couldn't do it with just plain text. That would
    be like sending a telegram and would not be an effective
    communications tool for the church.
    Chazz Matt, Jul 9, 2004
  11. Chazz Matt

    Neil Guest

    Chazz Matt wrote:

    >It's funny, the one thing I LOVED about Netscape 4.x was that "send page" feature.

    In which case maybe Mozilla 1.7.1 is a more appropriate upgrade for you.

    --
    Warning: May contain traces of nuts.
    Neil, Jul 9, 2004
  12. Chazz Matt

    Dr. Briefs Guest

    Chazz Matt apparently wrote thus:
    >I tested all this before posting. Did you?

    Don't I feel sheepish.

    I tested it with Mozilla, not Firefox, which sends it as attachment just
    fine, and IIRC was the same way Netscape 4.x used to do it. But then,
    I've always used plain-text mode for emails, so maybe it behaved
    differently with HTML mode.

    Dr. Briefs, Jul 9, 2004
  13. Chazz Matt

    Chazz Matt Guest

    Neil <> wrote in message news:<cclmtk$>...
    > Chazz Matt wrote:
    >
    > >It's funny, the one thing I LOVED about Netscape 4.x was that "send page" feature.
    > >

    > In which case maybe Mozilla 1.7.1 is a more appropriate upgrade for you.

    Perhaps. But, since Firefox is still in beta (0.9.1), I thought it
    best to point out this bug before it got written in stone with v. 1.0
    and then everyone would say, "Well, that's just the it's always been."
    :)

    There's no reason Firefox can't match IE and have both a true "send
    page" feature (where the page in visible in the message window for
    HTML capable e-mail clients) and a "send link" feature (which it has
    now, but is mis-labeled as "send page"). By having both options -- as
    IE does -- then it's the user's choice of which to use. Personally, I
    prefer "send page" over "send link", but other people don't. (and
    those people seem to still pine for "Pine".) But, if Netscape 4.x
    could have this feature years ago and Microsoft IE has it now (and
    goodness knows, we all know how incompetent Microsoft is), then it's
    not really a hard technical issue I wouldn't think...
    Chazz Matt, Jul 10, 2004