    Is it simply a matter of a config statement?

    Thanks in advance to all responses.

    Rick
    Rick, Apr 23, 2005

  2. In article <>,
    Rick <> wrote:
    :Is it possible to send just a new flashcard out to a site with the IOS and
    :config on it and have the router boot off of it instead of
    :nvram:startup-config?
    :Is it simply a matter of a config statement?

    Yes -- though one has to know the remote configuration fairly well,
    as the module numbers might differ from your reference config.
    --
    'The short version of what Walter said is "You have asked a question
    which has no useful answer, please reconsider the nature of the
    Walter Roberson, Apr 24, 2005

  3. Rick

    Rick Guest

    OK,
    So if I send a new config that matches the hardware, what would the config
    statement be?

    boot config flash:newfile

    or something like that?

    Thanks again,