    NO filling out forms, NO "submit" junk, just a direct symple data
    transfer.

    Help?
    Robert Baer, Apr 11, 2014

  2. Robert Baer

    Paul Guest

    Robert Baer wrote:
    > I want to send the equivalent of an e-mail with javascript derived
    > data as the body - BUT WITHOUT need of any e-mail client on the user side.
    > In a HTML page, i can add:
    > <script>
    > browzr=navigator.userAgent; // Agent is unique for our purposes
    > document.writeln(browzr+"|<BR>");
    > </script>
    > And see the agent string on the screen.
    > Now, i would like that string to be in the message of an e-mail i
    > would find after logging into one of my web-mail accounts.
    > NO filling out forms, NO "submit" junk, just a direct symple data
    > transfer.
    >
    > Help?

    "Can JavaScript email a form?"

    http://www.javascript-coder.com/javascript-form/javascript-email-form.phtml

    http://www.javascript-coder.com/html-form/html-form-email.phtml

    The author of the articles, just loves server-side code.

    Paul
    Paul, Apr 11, 2014

  3. Robert Baer

    Robert Baer Guest

    Paul wrote:
    > Robert Baer wrote:
    >> I want to send the equivalent of an e-mail with javascript derived
    >> data as the body - BUT WITHOUT need of any e-mail client on the user
    >> side.
    >> In a HTML page, i can add:
    >> <script>
    >> browzr=navigator.userAgent; // Agent is unique for our purposes
    >> document.writeln(browzr+"|<BR>");
    >> </script>
    >> And see the agent string on the screen.
    >> Now, i would like that string to be in the message of an e-mail i
    >> would find after logging into one of my web-mail accounts.
    >> NO filling out forms, NO "submit" junk, just a direct symple data
    >> transfer.
    >>
    >> Help?

    > "Can JavaScript email a form?"
    >
    > http://www.javascript-coder.com/javascript-form/javascript-email-form.phtml
    >
    > http://www.javascript-coder.com/html-form/html-form-email.phtml
    >
    > The author of the articles, just loves server-side code.
    >
    > Paul

    Thanks! A step in the right direction.

    Trudged thru the various examples; seems that a lot of stuff (which i
    call junk/bloat) has to be "installed" before the form scheme can be used.
    Will try it later.
    BUT, they _all_ have the verdammdt "enter" box which might be
    bypassed. But worse, is the no-no, a "submit" which is absolutely un-wanted!
    Robert Baer, Apr 11, 2014