    You may contact me directly at alannortel AT hotmail DOT com

    Electronic Frontier Foundation - www.eff.org/
    Freedom to Tinker - www.freedom-to-tinker.com/

    Use.Netuser.de, Oct 26, 2003

  2. Hi,

    > I'd like to send an e-mail which may only be read for a certain period of
    > time, which may not be printed (by a novice) and will be deleted after a
    > certain period of time. This is not for some nefarious activity but a
    > genuine one off requirement.
    > I do not wish to send anonymousously (Will send via SMTP or HTTP account)
    > or otherwise and this will be to a free HTTP account such as Hotmail or
    > Yahoo.

    no.

    Florian Reitmeir, Oct 26, 2003

  3. Use.Netuser.de

    Vanguard Guest

    Not unless you want to pay for a 3rd party add-on, like Disappearing
    Email. I've never used the product but believe it operates by requiring
    the sender and recipient to both use a plug-in to Outlook which honors
    the attributes assigned to an e-mail by the sender. The recipient's
    plug-in reads the attributes from a server this service operates (so if
    their server becomes unreachable then you can't read your e-mails). It
    works by encrypting the e-mail which will only decrypt if the
    recipient's plug-in sees the e-mail hasn't expired yet. However, as to
    what the recipient can do with the e-mail before it expires, I don't
    know. Get ready to dole out some money for a solution.

    *** Post replies to newsgroup. E-mail is not accepted. ***

    Vanguard, Oct 26, 2003
  4. Use.Netuser.de

    Tim Lewis Guest

    Try a letter, and use invisible ink.

    Tim Lewis, Oct 26, 2003
  5. Use.Netuser.de

    ~ XO ~ Guest

    There is a new feature in Exchange Server 2003 does that :)

    ~ XO ~, Oct 27, 2003
  6. Use.Netuser.de wrote:
    > Hi Group
    >
    > I'd like to send an e-mail which may only be read for a certain period of
    > time, which may not be printed (by a novice) and will be deleted after a
    > certain period of time.

    Wouldn't we all...

    Hey, call'em on the phone and say: "This message... if you choose to
    accept it.... will self-destruct in 5 min.s" then after 5 min. is up,
    yell "BOOM!!!" real loud!!

    --
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=The New Atr2.Ath.Cx=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
    - jayjwa *Https Only* Mod-SSL / PGP Key / CA Onsite

    @micro$oft.com, Oct 27, 2003
  7. Use.Netuser.de

    brandorf Guest

    "Use.Netuser.de" <> wrote in message news:<bnfa0q$vrbmk$-berlin.de>...
    > Hi Group
    >
    > I'd like to send an e-mail which may only be read for a certain period of
    > time, which may not be printed (by a novice) and will be deleted after a
    > certain period of time. This is not for some nefarious activity but a
    > genuine one off requirement.
    > I do not wish to send anonymousously (Will send via SMTP or HTTP account) or
    > otherwise and this will be to a free HTTP account such as Hotmail or Yahoo.
    >
    > You may contact me directly at alannortel AT hotmail DOT com
    >
    > Electronic Frontier Foundation - www.eff.org/
    > Freedom to Tinker - www.freedom-to-tinker.com/

    The only thing that comes to mind is using PDF. PDF files can be
    print restricted, and can be made to expire. So Send the messgae as
    PDF.

    -Brandon K

    brandorf, Oct 27, 2003
  8. Use.Netuser.de

    Vanguard Guest

    So how to you prevent someone from using a screen capture program and
    setting back their clock?

    Vanguard, Oct 28, 2003
  9. Use.Netuser.de

    Guest

    In
    posted on Sun, 26 Oct 2003 23:27:55 GMT, Tim Lewis wrote:

    >Try a letter, and use invisible ink.

    Do you mean disappearing ink? :)

    >"Use.Netuser.de" <> wrote in message
    >> Hi Group
    >>
    >> I'd like to send an e-mail which may only be read for a certain period of
    >> time, which may not be printed (by a novice) and will be deleted after a
    >> certain period of time. This is not for some nefarious activity but a
    >> genuine one off requirement.
    >> I do not wish to send anonymousously (Will send via SMTP or HTTP account)

    >or
    >> otherwise and this will be to a free HTTP account such as Hotmail or

    >Yahoo.
    >>
    >> You may contact me directly at alannortel AT hotmail DOT com
    >>
    >> Electronic Frontier Foundation - www.eff.org/
    >> Freedom to Tinker - www.freedom-to-tinker.com/

    , Oct 28, 2003