Send alert for interface errors

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by ns, Sep 24, 2004.

  1. ns

    ns Guest

    Hi all,

    i configured SNMP on the Cisco Router (2621) with IOS Version 12.2(8)T4 to
    send trap to my Syslog Server (Kiwi). The Syslog Server receive trap. All
    work fine.

    i need to configure RMON to check periodicaly the total number of bytes
    received on the interface (and then, i need check total errors). i need to
    use RMON in conjunction with SNMP. My configuration is :

    MyROUTER#sh run | include rmon
    rmon event 1 log trap My-Community-SNMP description "High ifInBytes" owner
    config
    rmon alarm 10 ifEntry.10.1 5 delta rising-threshold 100 1 falling-threshold
    0 owner config
    MyROUTER#
    MyROUTER#sh rmon events
    Event 1 is active, owned by config
    Description is High ifInBytes
    Event firing causes log and trap to community My-Community-SNMP, last fired
    3d22h
    Current log entries:
    index time description
    1 3d22h High ifInBytes
    MyROUTER#
    MyROUTER#sh rmon alarms
    Alarm 10 is active, owned by config
    Monitors ifEntry.10.1 every 5 second(s)
    Taking delta samples, last value was 2167
    Rising threshold is 100, assigned to event 1
    Falling threshold is 0, assigned to event 0
    On startup enable rising or falling alarm
    MyROUTER#

    My problem, is : For RMON, the snmp trap are not sended to the Syslog
    Server. Why ?

    If i can't do it with RMON, what can i configure on the router in
    conjunction with SNMP to send trap for alarm about number of error on my
    interface ?

    I have Network tools which do it but i need to know how can i do it on the
    router.

    Thank You very much for your help

    Best Regards
    NS