    be the version that is going forward.

    That 75 to 22 cloture vote to move forward is indicative, this may be a good day
    for all of us except Ben.

    Jim Nicholson, Feb 25, 2004

  2. Jim Nicholson

    Harrison Guest

    On Wed, 25 Feb 2004 16:11:22 GMT, Jim Nicholson <jamesd@┬žakamail.com> wrote:

    >If you have any concerns about the falsely rumored coalition between NRA and GOP
    >to torpedo our rights between S 1805/S 659 and the AWB, tune in. They just
    >invoked cloture with a vote of 75 to 22. Then the Dems tried to stall with a
    >quorum call. Currently, Craig is supporting his bill, S 1805, which appears to
    >be the version that is going forward.
    >
    >That 75 to 22 cloture vote to move forward is indicative, this may be a good day
    >for all of us except Ben.

    How thrilling!
    Just one question.
    How the Hell do you watch CSPAN and remain conscious?

    Harrison, Feb 25, 2004

  3. Jim Nicholson wrote:
    :: If you have any concerns about the falsely rumored coalition between
    :: NRA and GOP to torpedo our rights between S 1805/S 659 and the AWB,
    :: tune in. They just invoked cloture with a vote of 75 to 22. Then
    :: the Dems tried to stall with a quorum call. Currently, Craig is
    :: supporting his bill, S 1805, which appears to be the version that is
    :: going forward.
    ::
    :: That 75 to 22 cloture vote to move forward is indicative, this may
    :: be a good day for all of us except Ben.

    And I thought that I was reasonably competent at understanding english..

    C'est la vie..

    eric the seal, Feb 25, 2004
  4. Jim Nicholson

    ICee Guest

    Jim Nicholson wrote:
    > If you have any concerns about the falsely rumored coalition between
    > NRA and GOP to torpedo our rights between S 1805/S 659 and the AWB,
    > tune in. They just invoked cloture with a vote of 75 to 22. Then the
    > Dems tried to stall with a quorum call. Currently, Craig is
    > supporting his bill, S 1805, which appears to be the version that is
    > going forward.
    >
    > That 75 to 22 cloture vote to move forward is indicative, this may be
    > a good day for all of us except Ben.

    Translation, please.

    ICee, Feb 25, 2004
  5. Jim Nicholson

    Harrison Guest

    On Wed, 25 Feb 2004 11:21:36 -0500, "ICee" <> wrote:

    >Jim Nicholson wrote:
    >> If you have any concerns about the falsely rumored coalition between
    >> NRA

    National Rifle Association - Pro gun group in US

    >and GOP

    Grand Old Party (Republicans) - Conservative political party in US. Start wars, lower taxes on the rich - raise them on
    the poor, stamp out women's rights, turn largest historical budgetary surplus into largest deficit in just a few years,
    drive unemployment to highest rates in half a century, and all by winning an election by coming in second in the popular
    vote.

    > to torpedo our rights between S 1805/S 659

    Bill introduced to prevent crime victims from suing gun manufacturers for damages.

    >and the AWB

    (Automatic Weapons Ban) Some think every citizen should have the right to have his own tanks and missiles as well.

    >> tune in. They just invoked cloture with a vote of 75 to 22. Then the
    >> Dems tried to stall with a quorum call. Currently, Craig is
    >> supporting his bill, S 1805, which appears to be the version that is
    >> going forward.
    >>
    >> That 75 to 22 cloture vote to move forward is indicative, this may be
    >> a good day for all of us except Ben.

    cloture - The only procedure by which the Senate can vote to place a time limit on consideration of a bill or other
    matter, and thereby overcome a filibuster. Under the cloture rule (Rule XXII), the Senate may limit consideration of a
    pending matter to 30 additional hours, but only by vote of three-fifths of the full Senate, normally 60 votes.

    quorum call - A call of the roll to establish whether a quorum is present. If any Senator "suggests the absence of a
    quorum," the Presiding Officer must direct the roll to be called. Often, a quorum call is terminated by unanimous
    consent before completion, which permits the Senate to use the quorum call to obtain a brief delay to work out some
    difficulty or await a Senator's arrival

    I don't know who the **** Ben is.

    Harrison, Feb 25, 2004
  6. http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/bdquery/z?d108:SN1805:

    http://www.nraila.org/Issues/FactSheets/Read.aspx?ID=141

    I'll be glad to give up my guns when they take them away from the
    criminals.

    --
    @}-}-------Rosee http://www.southerncaucus.org/hk18.htm
    www.freedonation.com www.hungersite.com

    @}-}-------Rosee, Feb 26, 2004
  7. Jim Nicholson

    ICee Guest

    @}-}-------Rosee wrote:
    > http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/bdquery/z?d108:SN1805:
    >
    > http://www.nraila.org/Issues/FactSheets/Read.aspx?ID=141
    >
    > I'll be glad to give up my guns when they take them away from the
    > criminals.

    Thanks for the links, Rosee. I absolutely agree with you. In a couple
    months, Ohio will allow licensing for concealed weapons. Can't wait.
    The police can't be everywhere, after all.

    ICee, Feb 26, 2004
  8. Jim Nicholson

    jimpgh2002 Guest

    On Wed, 25 Feb 2004 11:44:29 -0500, Harrison <Harrison> wrote:

    >On Wed, 25 Feb 2004 11:21:36 -0500, "ICee" <> wrote:
    >
    >>Jim Nicholson wrote:
    >>> If you have any concerns about the falsely rumored coalition between
    >>> NRA

    >National Rifle Association - Pro gun group in US

    True statement.

    >>and GOP

    >Grand Old Party (Republicans) - Conservative political party in US. Start wars, lower taxes on the rich - raise them on
    >the poor, stamp out women's rights, turn largest historical budgetary surplus into largest deficit in just a few years,
    >drive unemployment to highest rates in half a century, and all by winning an election by coming in second in the popular
    >vote.

    Some slight falsehoods. Bush lowered taxes for ALL taxpayers. Nobody
    has stamped out women's rights. Budget deficit is due in large part
    to war on terror. Unemployment rate is about 5%...hardly the highest
    in 50 years.
    And finally, your last statement is true. Of course you fail to
    mention that the President of the USA is NOT elected by popular vote.

    >> to torpedo our rights between S 1805/S 659

    >Bill introduced to prevent crime victims from suing gun manufacturers for damages.

    Which seems only fair to me, since it's legal for them to make the
    guns.

    >>and the AWB

    >(Automatic Weapons Ban) Some think every citizen should have the right to have his own tanks and missiles as well.

    You tend to twist thing just slightly, don't you?

    >>> tune in. They just invoked cloture with a vote of 75 to 22. Then the
    >>> Dems tried to stall with a quorum call. Currently, Craig is
    >>> supporting his bill, S 1805, which appears to be the version that is
    >>> going forward.
    >>>
    >>> That 75 to 22 cloture vote to move forward is indicative, this may be
    >>> a good day for all of us except Ben.

    >cloture - The only procedure by which the Senate can vote to place a time limit on consideration of a bill or other
    >matter, and thereby overcome a filibuster. Under the cloture rule (Rule XXII), the Senate may limit consideration of a
    >pending matter to 30 additional hours, but only by vote of three-fifths of the full Senate, normally 60 votes.
    >
    >quorum call - A call of the roll to establish whether a quorum is present. If any Senator "suggests the absence of a
    >quorum," the Presiding Officer must direct the roll to be called. Often, a quorum call is terminated by unanimous
    >consent before completion, which permits the Senate to use the quorum call to obtain a brief delay to work out some
    >difficulty or await a Senator's arrival

    True again...you get it right occassionally.

    >I don't know who the **** Ben is.

    Me either.

    jimpgh2002, Feb 26, 2004
  9. Anytime..

    Ooooo...I'll bet you're cold up there....brrrrr. LOL! No wonder your
    nym is ICee.

    I do wonder what the hell the government is doing sometimes. They say
    no one can have the ten commandents on display, but yet they can outlaw
    gay marriages, which is a religious connotation. Either they are IN the
    religion "thang" or OUT of the religion "thang". Make up their freakin'
    minds! It's hypocritical, double tongued AND duplicitious. I also
    exercise my right to vote so I can bitch....;oD

    @}-}-------Rosee, Feb 26, 2004
  10. Jim Nicholson

    ICee Guest

    @}-}-------Rosee wrote:
    > Anytime..
    >
    > Ooooo...I'll bet you're cold up there....brrrrr. LOL! No wonder your
    > nym is ICee.

    Yes, I have icicles hanging from my nose as I sit here, shivering and
    typing. :)

    > I do wonder what the hell the government is doing sometimes. They say
    > no one can have the ten commandents on display, but yet they can
    > outlaw gay marriages, which is a religious connotation. Either they
    > are IN the religion "thang" or OUT of the religion "thang". Make up
    > their freakin' minds! It's hypocritical, double tongued AND
    > duplicitious. I also exercise my right to vote so I can bitch....;oD

    Right on! If you vote you can bitch; if you don't vote, shut up and do
    so, so you can bitch in good conscience!

    ICee, Feb 26, 2004
  11. Better you than me with the icicles. I'm allergic...;o)

    I loved voting down the big tax increases our governor decided to
    throw at us....heh. It was GREAT!!!!

    @}-}-------Rosee, Feb 26, 2004