    "declassified" Wave 1 disks to mainstream shelves, with last November's
    "Mothra vs." and "Raids Again" hitting normal stores this week.

    Derek Janssen (somebody has to do this)

    Derek Janssen, Apr 5, 2007

  2. Derek Janssen

    TB Guest

    "Derek Janssen" wrote:

    (snip)

    > While CM's new owner Genius Products is slowly releasing the
    > "declassified" Wave 1 disks to mainstream shelves, with last November's
    > "Mothra vs." and "Raids Again" hitting normal stores this week.

    Have you actually seen either title in a store yet? In my travels, I have
    yet to see either dvd in any store. Also, have you heard if the minor issues
    with "Godzilla Raids Again" have been corrected, in that a few scenes locked
    up or pixilated on some players, notably during the last 15 minutes of the
    movie.

    T.B.

    TB, Apr 6, 2007

  3. TB wrote:

    >>While CM's new owner Genius Products is slowly releasing the
    >>"declassified" Wave 1 disks to mainstream shelves, with last November's
    >>"Mothra vs." and "Raids Again" hitting normal stores this week.

    > Have you actually seen either title in a store yet? In my travels, I have
    > yet to see either dvd in any store. Also, have you heard if the minor issues
    > with "Godzilla Raids Again" have been corrected, in that a few scenes locked
    > up or pixilated on some players, notably during the last 15 minutes of the
    > movie.

    Haven't bothered with "Raids", so couldn't say one way or t'other--

    As far as stores, it's too low-profile an item for Best Target, but
    should be easier to find at the usual online outlets than it was earlier.

    Derek Janssen

    Derek Janssen, Apr 6, 2007
  4. Derek Janssen

    Kishin Guest

    Kishin, Apr 6, 2007
  5. Derek Janssen

    Invid Fan Guest

    In article <>, Derek
    Janssen <> wrote:

    > Since Classic Media seems to have pretty much abandoned its
    > GodzillaonDVD.com site after the first attention (have they ever updated
    > it??)

    It was updated with the correct release dates of the 2nd and 3rd DVD's,
    but apart from a list of what they'd release and the order in the Q&A
    over in the Community page it does seem rather stagnant.

    > --what with their new owners, and all--but are still continuing to
    > sell their "true Godzilla" titles under the radar...
    >
    > It leaves it up to the fans to spread the word that the next wave of
    > restored sub/dub licensed vintage-60's Toho GZ titles have surfaced at
    > Amazon:
    > "Ghidorah, the Three-Headed Monster" and "Invasion of Astro Monsters"
    > [aka "vs. Monster Zero"] now have June 5 dates,
    > http://www.amazon.com/o/ASIN/B000OCY7IU/
    > http://www.amazon.com/Invasion-Astro-Monster-Nick-Adams/dp/B000OCY7IK/

    Mind you, Godzilla Raids Again and Godzilla vs Mothra were also listed
    on web stores for iirc a December release before disappearing until the
    eventual April one. Don't believe it until you see it :)

    > While CM's new owner Genius Products is slowly releasing the
    > "declassified" Wave 1 disks to mainstream shelves, with last November's
    > "Mothra vs." and "Raids Again" hitting normal stores this week.

    These guys have to be related to the owners of Star Blazers and Yamato,
    or refugees from Anime Villiage. Good disks, though :)

    -'Deal/No Deal', CHESS

    Invid Fan, Apr 7, 2007
  6. Invid Fan wrote:

    >>Since Classic Media seems to have pretty much abandoned its
    >>GodzillaonDVD.com site after the first attention

    >>It leaves it up to the fans to spread the word that the next wave of
    >>restored sub/dub licensed vintage-60's Toho GZ titles have surfaced at
    >>Amazon:
    >>"Ghidorah, the Three-Headed Monster" and "Invasion of Astro Monsters"
    >>[aka "vs. Monster Zero"] now have June 5 dates,
    >>http://www.amazon.com/o/ASIN/B000OCY7IU/
    >>http://www.amazon.com/Invasion-Astro-Monster-Nick-Adams/dp/B000OCY7IK/
    >>

    > Mind you, Godzilla Raids Again and Godzilla vs Mothra were also listed
    > on web stores for iirc a December release before disappearing until the
    > eventual April one. Don't believe it until you see it :)

    That would be about when Classic Media.com re-decided to sell them as
    website-only exclusives (although also available at Amazon), and they'd
    been available online all that time--You just had to know where to look.

    (Classy editions, too, and MvG worth a rent for the commentarians
    interviewing two of the English dub actors about the days of 60's
    monster-dubbing.)

    >>While CM's new owner Genius Products is slowly releasing the
    >>"declassified" Wave 1 disks to mainstream shelves, with last November's
    >>"Mothra vs." and "Raids Again" hitting normal stores this week.
    >>

    > These guys have to be related to the owners of Star Blazers and Yamato,
    > or refugees from Anime Villiage. Good disks, though :)

    Given their ultra-cult niche titles, Classic Media.com has been
    recategorizing a lot of otherwise comprehensive pulled lesser-demand
    niche boxes as Website exclusives (qv. the Underdog and Mr. Magoo
    boxes)--Which's a refreshing change to bigger studios simply killing the
    projects for "lack of sales interest"...
    They know the right people will beat a path to their net-door. :)

    Derek Janssen

    Derek Janssen, Apr 7, 2007
  7. Derek Janssen wrote:
    > Invid Fan wrote:
    >
    >>> Since Classic Media seems to have pretty much abandoned its
    >>> GodzillaonDVD.com site after the first attention

    >>> It leaves it up to the fans to spread the word that the next wave of
    >>> restored sub/dub licensed vintage-60's Toho GZ titles have surfaced
    >>> at Amazon:
    >>> "Ghidorah, the Three-Headed Monster" and "Invasion of Astro Monsters"
    >>> [aka "vs. Monster Zero"] now have June 5 dates,
    >>> http://www.amazon.com/o/ASIN/B000OCY7IU/
    >>> http://www.amazon.com/Invasion-Astro-Monster-Nick-Adams/dp/B000OCY7IK/
    >>>

    >> Mind you, Godzilla Raids Again and Godzilla vs Mothra were also listed
    >> on web stores for iirc a December release before disappearing until the
    >> eventual April one. Don't believe it until you see it :)

    I saw both of these in the local Best Buy yesterday. Nice looking discs.

    > That would be about when Classic Media.com re-decided to sell them as
    > website-only exclusives (although also available at Amazon), and they'd
    > been available online all that time--You just had to know where to look.
    >
    > (Classy editions, too, and MvG worth a rent for the commentarians
    > interviewing two of the English dub actors about the days of 60's
    > monster-dubbing.)
    >
    >>> While CM's new owner Genius Products is slowly releasing the
    >>> "declassified" Wave 1 disks to mainstream shelves, with last
    >>> November's "Mothra vs." and "Raids Again" hitting normal stores this
    >>> week.
    >>>

    >> These guys have to be related to the owners of Star Blazers and Yamato,
    >> or refugees from Anime Villiage. Good disks, though :)

    > Given their ultra-cult niche titles, Classic Media.com has been
    > recategorizing a lot of otherwise comprehensive pulled lesser-demand
    > niche boxes as Website exclusives (qv. the Underdog and Mr. Magoo
    > boxes)--Which's a refreshing change to bigger studios simply killing the
    > projects for "lack of sales interest"...
    > They know the right people will beat a path to their net-door. :)

    Very true. I wish Disney would do this with Gargoyles Season 2 Part 2
    instead of killing the set before we reach the best episodes of the
    show. Gotta love "The Gathering" :)

    --
    The Elder Party
    Cthulhu/Nyrlathotep in '08

    Michael Magliocca, Apr 8, 2007
  8. Michael Magliocca wrote:

    >> That would be about when Classic Media.com re-decided to sell them as
    >> website-only exclusives (although also available at Amazon), and
    >> they'd been available online all that time--You just had to know where
    >> to look.
    >>
    >> Given their ultra-cult niche titles, Classic Media.com has been
    >> recategorizing a lot of otherwise comprehensive pulled lesser-demand
    >> niche boxes as Website exclusives (qv. the Underdog and Mr. Magoo
    >> boxes)--Which's a refreshing change to bigger studios simply killing
    >> the projects for "lack of sales interest"...
    >> They know the right people will beat a path to their net-door. :)

    > Very true. I wish Disney would do this with Gargoyles Season 2 Part 2
    > instead of killing the set before we reach the best episodes of the
    > show. Gotta love "The Gathering" :)

    Disney test-markets their bottom-most collector-niche titles ("Zorro:
    Season 1") as exclusives on their Movie Club, but they're not given half
    the classiness of CM's niche-box titles--VHS-dump prints, and
    barer-bones than those old Limited Editions...
    Too bad, more studios could learn from the CM model, if they didn't have
    Target on the brain.

    Derek Janssen

    Derek Janssen, Apr 8, 2007