    Thanks very much!

    Dave Hardenbrook
    A+ Certified PC Technician

    Dave Hardenbrook, Nov 9, 2006

  2. Dave Hardenbrook

    smackedass Guest

    I don't think that there is a "better" or "best", it depends upon personal
    preference. Personally, I'd probably go with the Web mail that the ISP has
    to offer.

    smackedass

    smackedass, Nov 10, 2006

  3. Dave Hardenbrook

    Tom Miller Guest

    > I have an elderly client who for various reasons has become fed up with
    > Outlook Express and is looking into another means to send/receive her
    > E-mail, preferably free and web-based.

    I can only speak to Yahoo e-mail. Since you can signup for it for free, I
    suggest you sign him/her up, walk them arround in it, see if they like
    it.... or not. Can try that with hotmail and gmail. I have been using
    Yahoo for more than a decade. But when the servers get busy I can't get
    into it. Plus if she/he hits a "send me e-mail" on websites outside of
    webmail, there is a good chance the OS will try to startup Outlook Express.

    Plus if the customer is using O.E. to read newsgroups they have to learn a
    whole new way to access them (Google is one way).

    So from a complexity of the interface compared to O.E. then Yahoo is worse
    because the e-mail is part of a complex portal.

    Another possiblity is to get an AIM screen name and AOL will promptly offer
    you a (apparently) free e-mail account.

    Hope this helps.

    --
    Tom Miller
    ChatNFiles bbs www.chatnfiles.com a huge files board is Hosted at:

    Tom Miller, Nov 12, 2006
  4. Dave Hardenbrook

    MF Guest

    I have yahoo and Gmail, would recommend gmail. Interface seems simpler,
    more
    storage, faster. Show her both, see which she likes, while hinting gmail :)
    hth

    Mike

    MF, Nov 16, 2006