Semi-noob question...

Discussion in 'UK VOIP' started by ßødincµs, Jun 10, 2005.

  1. ßødincµs

    ßødincµs Guest

    Don't blame me for the question, but I would like to have the NG
    opinion about a product I would like to have.

    I'm going to buy a Netgear TA-612 (not the Sipgate branded - and
    locked!) VoIP adapter and router all-in-one, to connect two VoIP
    accounts (Sipgate and Messagenet.it) on a single (or eventually two)
    POTS phone(s), and a ethernet wireless switch (to buy later, together
    with a laptop with Wireless LAN).
    I'm on a Blueyonder-TW 2/256 Mb ethernet connection through a Motorola
    SB-5100 Cablemodem.
    I'm actually using X-Lite, and all two accounts are working fine (even
    engaged on both lines in conversation and downloading...!).

    Someone already has used the Netgear TA-612 in such context?
    What's the result? Other suggestions? Other brand/make/model of
    devices? I would prefer a all-in-one solution, not an ATA + router
    bundle (space problems).

    It's too soon for a VoIP + router + wireless access point device? :)

    TIA

    --
    ßodincus · The Y2K Druid
    I'm watching you....