    It needs the Power Supply 12V 1A plug 5,5 x 2,5 mm inner plus.

    The price is £ 70 + £ 10 (shipping signed).

    Payment: PayPal
    stefano, Aug 20, 2009

  2. stefano

    Ivor Jones Guest

    Ivor Jones, Aug 21, 2009

  3. stefano

    Ivor Jones Guest

    On 25/08/09 00:35, www.GymRatZ.co.uk wrote:
    > Ivor Jones wrote:
    >> No ads in this group, please.
    >>
    >> http://www.usenet.org.uk/uk.telecom.voip.html
    >>

    >> Ivor

    > There seems to be a contradiction of terms in the charter.
    > First of all and _underlined _is the heading "_Not_ Moderated"
    > Then the terms "forbidden" which to me means there is an "overseer" that
    > will strike advertisers down and burn them at the stake. Surely you can
    > not forbid anything without a moderator or rule keeper which it is
    > expressly stated there is no such governing or regulating person.

    The charter is there as a guideline for users. If you choose to ignore
    it, you may not be struck down and burned at the stake, but you cannot
    complain if you are taken to task for it.

    > Usenet is so dead it's actually refreshing to have someone post
    > something that is relevant to the group and may benefit it's members.
    > The usenet charter idea is as real and useful as.... well as useful as
    > building ground rent owed 4 shillings and sixpence each year.

    Advertising is not relevant when specifically forbidden in the charter.
    That's why there are specific groups for adverts, such as the companion
    group to uk.telecom.mobile, which (suprisingly) is called
    uk.adverts.telecom.mobile.

    Perhaps you would like to propose the creation of
    uk.adverts.telecom.voip..? If so I will be happy to assist you in the
    process, but be warned it is time consuming - it took me over three
    months to get this group off the ground..!

    Ivor
    Ivor Jones, Aug 25, 2009
  4. stefano

    brian Guest

    On Tue, 25 Aug 2009 02:16:40 +0100, Ivor Jones wrote:

    > On 25/08/09 00:35, www.GymRatZ.co.uk wrote:
    >> Ivor Jones wrote:
    >>> No ads in this group, please.
    >>>
    >>> http://www.usenet.org.uk/uk.telecom.voip.html
    >>>

    >>> Ivor

    >> There seems to be a contradiction of terms in the charter. First of all
    >> and _underlined _is the heading "_Not_ Moderated" Then the terms
    >> "forbidden" which to me means there is an "overseer" that will strike
    >> advertisers down and burn them at the stake. Surely you can not forbid
    >> anything without a moderator or rule keeper which it is expressly
    >> stated there is no such governing or regulating person.

    > The charter is there as a guideline for users. If you choose to ignore
    > it, you may not be struck down and burned at the stake, but you cannot
    > complain if you are taken to task for it.
    >
    >> Usenet is so dead it's actually refreshing to have someone post
    >> something that is relevant to the group and may benefit it's members.
    >> The usenet charter idea is as real and useful as.... well as useful as
    >> building ground rent owed 4 shillings and sixpence each year.

    > Advertising is not relevant when specifically forbidden in the charter.
    > That's why there are specific groups for adverts, such as the companion
    > group to uk.telecom.mobile, which (suprisingly) is called
    > uk.adverts.telecom.mobile.
    >
    > Perhaps you would like to propose the creation of
    > uk.adverts.telecom.voip..? If so I will be happy to assist you in the
    > process, but be warned it is time consuming - it took me over three
    > months to get this group off the ground..!
    >
    > Ivor

    I agree that there shouldn't be any advertising on this group but look at
    all the spam that we have been getting recently, selling garments and the
    like - nothing whatsoever to do with telecoms ! So, my first objection
    would be with those spammers, before making too much fuss over the odd
    'relevant' ad. Fortunately my newsreader client (Pan) has filters to
    eliminate the spammers but to me it is them that are just a b****y
    nuisance. A few emails to their sites might be more useful but would very
    likely fall on very deaf ears.
    So, my strategy might be a polite, informative comment for those private
    sellers of telecoms items, who possibly would like to know, anyway, about
    advertising groups, but then just employ filters to get rid of the real
    nuisance spammers.
    brian, Aug 27, 2009