    Thanks

    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=86732&item=71294780
    53&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW
    Rare Old Things, Jan 23, 2005

  2. Rare Old Things

    The Balrog Guest

    The link says that the item was removed by e-bay. What's up with that?
    Randy

    The Balrog, Jan 23, 2005

  3. Rare Old Things

    Larry Guest

    In article <>,
    says...
    > The link says that the item was removed by e-bay. What's up with that?
    > Randy

    Perhaps the seller is crooked???

    NAH! ON EBAY???? NAH!

    --
    Larry Lynch
    Mystic, Ct.
    Larry, Jan 23, 2005
  4. Rare Old Things

    Tony Guest

    Reported to Adobe. If ebay is willing to allow this sort of crap, then it is
    time for the corporate lawyers to get after them.

    --
    http://www.chapelhillnoir.com
    home of The Camera-ist's Manifesto

    Tony, Jan 23, 2005
  5. Tony wrote:
    > Reported to Adobe. If ebay is willing to allow this sort of crap, then it is
    > time for the corporate lawyers to get after them.

    Why?
    It's his, he ought to be able to sell it oughtn't he?

    Lots of Greetings!
    Volker
    Volker Hetzer, Jan 23, 2005
  6. Rare Old Things

    chris Guest

    Volker Hetzer wrote:
    > Tony wrote:
    >
    >> Reported to Adobe. If ebay is willing to allow this sort of crap, then
    >> it is
    >> time for the corporate lawyers to get after them.
    >>

    > Why?
    > It's his, he ought to be able to sell it oughtn't he?
    >
    > Lots of Greetings!
    > Volker

    The problem here is the seller already used his right to UPGRADE to
    version CS. The license # on the old version is invalid for any
    upgrades. The description is a fraud.
    chris, Jan 23, 2005
  7. Rare Old Things

    Crownfield Guest

    The Balrog wrote:

    > The link says that the item was removed by e-bay. What's up with that?

    can it be that adobe does not allow you
    to sell the old version when you up upgrade?

    Crownfield, Jan 23, 2005
  8. Rare Old Things

    Crownfield Guest

    Volker Hetzer wrote:

    > Tony wrote:
    > > Reported to Adobe. If ebay is willing to allow this sort of crap, then it is
    > > time for the corporate lawyers to get after them.
    > >

    > Why?
    > It's his, he ought to be able to sell it oughtn't he?

    no.
    his license allows him to run one copy of photoshop on one computer.
    the new version replaces the old. he can run one or the other.
    only one license, and it allows only one computer for both versions.

    it may require the old version to be deleted. check.

    Crownfield, Jan 23, 2005
  9. Rare Old Things

    Darrell Guest

    "The Balrog" <> wrote in message
    > The link says that the item was removed by e-bay. What's up with that?
    > Randy
    >
    > "Rare Old Things" <> wrote in message
    > > Retail version of Photoshop. Bidding starts at only $1.00

    Because Adobe doesn't allow re-selling of PhotoShop on eBay. eBay will
    remove it.
    Darrell, Jan 23, 2005
  10. Rare Old Things

    Darrell Guest

    "Volker Hetzer" <> wrote in message
    > Tony wrote:
    > > Reported to Adobe. If ebay is willing to allow this sort of crap, then

    it is
    > > time for the corporate lawyers to get after them.
    > >

    > Why?
    > It's his, he ought to be able to sell it oughtn't he?
    >
    > Lots of Greetings!
    > Volker

    You don't own the software, you buy a license to use it. Do people not read
    the Terms of Use?
    Darrell, Jan 23, 2005
  11. Rare Old Things

    AstroPax Guest

    On Sun, 23 Jan 2005 13:13:27 -0500, "Darrell" <dev/null> wrote:

    >You don't own the software, you buy a license to use it.

    That's true.

    Regardless, one should still be allowed to sell/transfer the license.

    -Astro

    ---
    AstroPax Photography
    http://nikon.astropax.com
    ---
    AstroPax, Jan 23, 2005
  12. Rare Old Things

    Darrell Guest

    "AstroPax" <> wrote in message
    > On Sun, 23 Jan 2005 13:13:27 -0500, "Darrell" <dev/null> wrote:
    >
    > >You don't own the software, you buy a license to use it.

    > That's true.
    >
    > Regardless, one should still be allowed to sell/transfer the license.
    >
    > -Astro

    Adobe allows transfer of the license. You can get info from Adobe. They
    don't allow a non-controlled sale. As the two users can still have a working
    copy.
    Darrell, Jan 23, 2005
  13. Rare Old Things

    Marvin Guest

    Crownfield wrote:
    > The Balrog wrote:
    >
    >>The link says that the item was removed by e-bay. What's up with that?

    > can it be that adobe does not allow you
    > to sell the old version when you up upgrade?
    >

    >>Randy

    The common software licenses - which few peop;e bother to read - say that the buyer has bought only the right to use the
    software. He doesn't own the software itself, and cannot legally sell the disks.
    Marvin, Jan 23, 2005
  14. Rare Old Things

    kahout Guest

    Volker Hetzer wrote:
    >> Tony wrote:
    >>> Reported to Adobe. If ebay is willing to allow this sort of crap,
    >>> then it is time for the corporate lawyers to get after them.
    >>>

    >> Why?
    >> It's his, he ought to be able to sell it oughtn't he?
    >>
    >> Lots of Greetings!
    >> Volker

    I read the license agreements for version 7 and 8 CS. Each says you may
    transfer all rights to the software in total (to paraphrase.) However, if
    you upgrade you terminate your right to the previous version and therefore
    can't sell it either.

    If the seller had not stated that he upgraded then his announcement for sale
    would not be overtly illegal. His statements on eBay would seem no to get
    him in trouble but in fact he would be violating the terms of the license
    upon sale.

    Kevin
    kahout, Jan 23, 2005
  15. Rare Old Things

    Tom Scales Guest

    "AstroPax" <> wrote in message
    > On Sun, 23 Jan 2005 13:13:27 -0500, "Darrell" <dev/null> wrote:
    >
    >>You don't own the software, you buy a license to use it.

    > That's true.
    >
    > Regardless, one should still be allowed to sell/transfer the license.
    >
    > -Astro
    >
    > ---
    > AstroPax Photography
    > http://nikon.astropax.com
    > ---

    Not if you used THAT license for a reduced price upgrade.
    Tom Scales, Jan 23, 2005
  16. Rare Old Things

    Tom Scales Guest

    "Darrell" <dev/null> wrote in message

    > "The Balrog" <> wrote in message
    >> The link says that the item was removed by e-bay. What's up with that?
    >> Randy
    >>
    >> "Rare Old Things" <> wrote in message
    >> > Retail version of Photoshop. Bidding starts at only $1.00
    >> >

    > Because Adobe doesn't allow re-selling of PhotoShop on eBay. eBay will
    > remove it.

    Now THAT they can't do. They can't limit the forum for sale. The problem is
    this is a copy that has been upgraded.
    Tom Scales, Jan 23, 2005
  17. Rare Old Things

    Tony Guest

    Read the original. He has upgraded and wants to sell his old version.

    Tony, Jan 23, 2005
  18. Rare Old Things

    FoulDragon Guest

    >buy a license to use it. Do people not read
    >the Terms of Use?

    1. In many cases, yes. The terms are often long, deliberately demanding of a
    higher reading level than can be reliably expected, and sometimes hidden.

    b. A lot of what's written in the licences has had litte, if any, legal
    validation.

    x. For many years, the courts have respected the principle of "first sale"--
    the original maker can't limit resale.
    --
    Marada Shra'drakaii
    FoulDragon, Jan 23, 2005
  19. Rare Old Things

    Darrell Guest

    "Tom Scales" <> wrote in message

    > "Darrell" <dev/null> wrote in message
    > >
    > > "The Balrog" <> wrote in message
    > >> The link says that the item was removed by e-bay. What's up with that?
    > >> Randy
    > >>
    > >> "Rare Old Things" <> wrote in message
    > >> >

    > > Because Adobe doesn't allow re-selling of PhotoShop on eBay. eBay will
    > > remove it.
    > >

    > Now THAT they can't do. They can't limit the forum for sale. The problem

    is
    > this is a copy that has been upgraded.

    Adobe software for years has been yanked off of eBay. Adobe as owner of the
    trademarks can have eBay cancel sales.
    Darrell, Jan 24, 2005
  20. Rare Old Things

    ZONED! Guest

    On Sun, 23 Jan 2005 10:32:27 -0500, "The Balrog"
    <> wrote:

    >The link says that the item was removed by e-bay. What's up with that?
    >Randy

    It works for me.
    ZONED!, Jan 24, 2005