    If such a site doesn't exist, I'd appreciate some suggestions to help me
    get my own web-site built.
    Thanks, Mike
    Mike Jenkins, Aug 19, 2005

  2. Mike Jenkins

    Frank ess Guest

    Mike Jenkins wrote:
    > Hi, Can anybody out their recommend one(or some) online sites where
    > can post and sell photos. I recently shot an event and would like to
    > find a simple to use and easy to understand site where people who
    > attended the event can either download jpg files directly from the
    > site, or order prints from a lab connected to the site.
    > If such a site doesn't exist, I'd appreciate some suggestions to
    > help
    > me get my own web-site built.
    > Thanks, Mike

    I see that fototime.com has recently added a feature that lets you set
    the price for your photos and reap the profits, which is in addition
    (I haven't confirmed or tried it) to the previous permissive
    availability of prints at reasonable prices.

    You could go here to pretend you wanted to buy a print or t-shirt, to
    see the prices. They come on Fuji paper, which may indicate the
    process to someone who knows that kind of thing, and very quickly.
    More 1022 Canon examples:
    http://www.fototime.com/inv/94174D394A02C15

    I just had a 24x18 "poster print of this one made from a 5960x1030
    original, cost $20.79 including $5.00 delivery:
    http://www.fototime.com/5D178E7302D3730/orig.jpg

    Fototime has a 30-day free trial, charges $2.49 or so a month, payable
    yearly in advance for 500MB storage of stills and videos, five GB
    bandwidth per month. Seems relatively simple to me.

    --
    Frank ess
    Frank ess, Aug 19, 2005

  3. Mike Jenkins

    Annika1980 Guest

    >I just had a 24x18 "poster print of this one made from a 5960x1030
    original....

    I'll bet that one looked funny as Hell. Lots of tall skinny people.
    Annika1980, Aug 19, 2005
  4. have a look at dotphoto.com

    --
    Thanks,
    Gene Palmiter

    Gene Palmiter, Aug 19, 2005
  5. Mike Jenkins

    Beck Guest

    Mike Jenkins wrote:
    > Hi, Can anybody out their recommend one(or some) online sites where I
    > can post and sell photos. I recently shot an event and would like to
    > find a simple to use and easy to understand site where people who
    > attended the event can either download jpg files directly from the
    > site, or order prints from a lab connected to the site.
    > If such a site doesn't exist, I'd appreciate some suggestions to help
    > me get my own web-site built.
    > Thanks, Mike

    www.fotolibra.com is gaining popularity. You can upload pictures (I think
    you get 8 free uploads). Not sure what the full membership costs. They
    will also send out emails requesting certain picture themes once a week or
    so. Unfortunately, in most cases they require quite large pictures in
    excess of 10mb each. So unless you have a high megapixel camera or
    interpolation software to increase the size, you may not make any money out
    of them. Worth signing up for the free membership though and uploading a
    few pictures.
    Beck, Aug 19, 2005
  6. Mike Jenkins

    kz8rt3 Guest

    In article <>,
    "Beck" <> wrote:

    > Mike Jenkins wrote:
    > > Hi, Can anybody out their recommend one(or some) online sites where I
    > > can post and sell photos. I recently shot an event and would like to
    > > find a simple to use and easy to understand site where people who
    > > attended the event can either download jpg files directly from the
    > > site, or order prints from a lab connected to the site.
    > > If such a site doesn't exist, I'd appreciate some suggestions to help
    > > me get my own web-site built.
    > > Thanks, Mike

    > www.fotolibra.com is gaining popularity. You can upload pictures (I think
    > you get 8 free uploads). Not sure what the full membership costs. They
    > will also send out emails requesting certain picture themes once a week or
    > so. Unfortunately, in most cases they require quite large pictures in
    > excess of 10mb each. So unless you have a high megapixel camera or
    > interpolation software to increase the size, you may not make any money out
    > of them. Worth signing up for the free membership though and uploading a
    > few pictures.

    Read the rights the may have to your images VERY carefully. Go as far as
    sending them an email requesting the in email form (it is a binding
    document).
    kz8rt3, Aug 19, 2005
  7. Mike Jenkins

    John Ortt Guest

    Photobox has a facility like this and I can personally vouch for the quality
    of their products.

    www.photobox.co.uk (i think...might be .com)

    John Ortt, Aug 19, 2005
  8. Mike Jenkins

    Alfred Molon Guest

    In article <lvaNe.9034$>, Mike
    Jenkins says...
    > Hi, Can anybody out their recommend one(or some) online sites where I can
    > post and sell photos. I recently shot an event and would like to find a
    > simple to use and easy to understand site where people who attended the
    > event can either download jpg files directly from the site, or order prints
    > from a lab connected to the site.
    > If such a site doesn't exist, I'd appreciate some suggestions to help me
    > get my own web-site built.

    There are lots of places in the web, but in many of them you get 10 or
    20 cents per sale (download).
    --

    Alfred Molon
    Alfred Molon, Aug 19, 2005