Selling my C5050 on Ebay

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Opentoe, Aug 2, 2003.

  1. Opentoe

    Opentoe Guest

    1. Advertising

  2. Opentoe

    Opentoe Guest

    This is an open forum...specifically for digital camera's....having a very
    short post with an indicated topic isn't spam. Since the topic explains the
    post, why in the world would you have clicked on it if you don't like it??

    Sheeesh.

    Opentoe, Aug 2, 2003

  3. Opentoe

    gr Guest

    "Opentoe" <> wrote
    > This is an open forum...specifically for digital camera's....having a very
    > short post with an indicated topic isn't spam. Since the topic explains

    the
    > post, why in the world would you have clicked on it if you don't like it??
    >
    > Sheeesh.

    Dear idiot,

    RTFC. Here it is:

    ------------------------------
    rec.photo.digital

    This group is for the discussion of all aspects of digital
    photography, including digital cameras, scanners, image manipulation
    software, printers, and CD-ROM technology.

    All postings made to this group should conform to existing Usenet
    guidelines (see news.announce.newusers for guideline documents). This
    group explicitly prohibits the posting of commercial advertisments or
    other promotional material, whether or not it is an any way related to
    photography. Binary postings (i.e. non text postings) are
    prohibited.
    -----------------------------

    Try rec.photo.marketplace.digital instead, moron.

    gr, Aug 3, 2003
  4. Opentoe

    daytripper Guest

    On Sun, 3 Aug 2003 14:53:01 -0400, "gr" <>
    wrote:

    >"Opentoe" <> wrote
    >> This is an open forum...specifically for digital camera's....having a very
    >> short post with an indicated topic isn't spam. Since the topic explains

    >the
    >> post, why in the world would you have clicked on it if you don't like it??
    >>
    >> Sheeesh.

    >Dear idiot,
    >
    >RTFC. Here it is:
    >
    >------------------------------
    >rec.photo.digital
    >
    >This group is for the discussion of all aspects of digital
    >photography, including digital cameras, scanners, image manipulation
    >software, printers, and CD-ROM technology.
    >
    >All postings made to this group should conform to existing Usenet
    >guidelines (see news.announce.newusers for guideline documents). This
    >group explicitly prohibits the posting of commercial advertisments or
    >other promotional material, whether or not it is an any way related to
    >photography. Binary postings (i.e. non text postings) are
    >prohibited.
    >-----------------------------
    >
    >Try rec.photo.marketplace.digital instead, moron.

    Ah - a Usenet Cop. Excellent! I have a question:

    What would you call a self-appointed authority-type who does not understand
    what the phrase "commercial advertisement" actually means?

    "NITWIT"

    Yeah, I agree.

    daytripper, Aug 3, 2003
  5. Opentoe

    daytripper Guest

    On Sun, 3 Aug 2003 18:07:20 -0400, "gr" <>
    wrote:

    >"daytripper" <> wrote
    >> >
    >> >Try rec.photo.marketplace.digital instead, moron.
    >> >

    >> Ah - a Usenet Cop. Excellent! I have a question:
    >>
    >> What would you call a self-appointed authority-type who does not

    >understand
    >> what the phrase "commercial advertisement" actually means?
    >>
    >> "NITWIT"
    >>
    >> Yeah, I agree.

    >He's selling the camera for money, thus it's a commercial advertisement. If
    >it was an advertisement for a cool (non-commercial) website, or a meeting,
    >or something else not involving SELLING something for personal gain, then it
    >would be okay.

    A SWING - and ANOTHER MISS.

    STRIKE TWO.

    /daytripper (And somehow, I bet you're good for the full K...)

    daytripper, Aug 4, 2003
  6. Opentoe

    daytripper Guest

    On Sun, 3 Aug 2003 21:32:40 -0400, "gr" <>
    wrote:

    >"daytripper" <> wrote
    >> >
    >> >He's selling the camera for money, thus it's a commercial advertisement.

    >If
    >> >it was an advertisement for a cool (non-commercial) website, or a

    >meeting,
    >> >or something else not involving SELLING something for personal gain, then

    >it
    >> >would be okay.
    >> >
    >> >Do you really want this group flooded with for-sale posts? That's what
    >> >REC.PHOTO.MARKETPLACE.DIGITAL is for. Just what did you
    >> > think that group was created for?

    >> A SWING - and ANOTHER MISS.
    >>
    >> STRIKE TWO.
    >>
    >> /daytripper (And somehow, I bet you're good for the full K...)

    >Wow... what a great retort. I'll have to remember to bring that one up in
    >debating class.
    >
    >(I can see you have nothing useful to add, so I'll drop out of this thread
    >unless you demonstrate just a little intelligence.)

    Yes! A called third strike!

    Listen F-wit, if you think that an individual selling a personal item
    classifies him as a commercial entity, you're the perfect moron I figured you
    from the get-go.

    Look it up, nitwit. One-time ads for private sales of personal items are
    acceptable on nearly *any* Big Eight group unless specifically excepted by
    charter.

    End of friggin' story, you pompous netcop noob...

    /daytripper (But thanks for the entertainment, anyway ;-)

    daytripper, Aug 4, 2003
  7. Opentoe

    blech Guest

    "gr" <> wrote in message news:<bgk14e$ovkt1$-berlin.de>...
    > "daytripper" <> wrote
    > > >
    > > >Try rec.photo.marketplace.digital instead, moron.
    > > >

    > > Ah - a Usenet Cop. Excellent! I have a question:
    > >
    > > What would you call a self-appointed authority-type who does not

    > understand
    > > what the phrase "commercial advertisement" actually means?
    > >
    > > "NITWIT"
    > >
    > > Yeah, I agree.

    > He's selling the camera for money, thus it's a commercial advertisement.

    "Commercial" is occupied with or involving commerce. "Commerce" is the
    exchange or buying and selling of commodities on a large scale.

    A single camera does not constitue commerce.

    > If
    > it was an advertisement for a cool (non-commercial) website, or a meeting,
    > or something else not involving SELLING something for personal gain, then it
    > would be okay.

    Net copping is for personal gain too.

    > Do you really want this group flooded with for-sale posts? That's what
    > REC.PHOTO.MARKETPLACE.DIGITAL is for. Just what did you think that group was
    > created for, hmmmm nit-wit?

    Set filters for FS/FA. No more ads. If someone lists without FS/FA,
    THEN you can give 'em hell.

    blech, Aug 4, 2003
  8. Opentoe

    Abrasha Guest

    gr wrote:

    > "Opentoe" <> wrote
    > > This is an open forum...specifically for digital camera's....having a very
    > > short post with an indicated topic isn't spam. Since the topic explains

    > the
    > > post, why in the world would you have clicked on it if you don't like it??
    > >
    > > Sheeesh.

    > Dear idiot,
    >
    > RTFC. Here it is:

    SNIP

    Oh shit, here we go again.

    Jackass!

    Abrasha
    http://www.abrasha.com

    Abrasha, Aug 4, 2003
  9. Opentoe

    Steve Young Guest

    little *late* to the party aren'tcha ?

    Steve Young, Aug 4, 2003
  10. Opentoe

    DaVidaMundi Guest

    daytripper <> wrote in message news:<>...

    > Look it up, nitwit. One-time ads for private sales of personal items are
    > acceptable on nearly *any* Big Eight group unless specifically excepted by
    > charter.

    Simple enough, then there isn't it?

    DaVidaMundi, Aug 12, 2003
  11. Opentoe

    Steve Young Guest

    > > daytripper <> wrote
    > >
    > > Look it up, nitwit. One-time ads for private sales of personal items are
    > > acceptable on nearly *any* Big Eight group unless specifically excepted
    > > by charter.

    > "DaVidaMundi" <> wrote
    > Simple enough, then there isn't it?

    Yep, but some don't like the result of limiting it to forbidding only
    commercial ads, they want the whole banana, regardless of what the words
    actually say :(

    Steve Young, Aug 13, 2003
  12. Opentoe

    John Navas Guest

    In <iXf_a.98549$> on Wed, 13 Aug
    2003 00:50:22 GMT, "Steve Young" <> wrote:

    >> > daytripper <> wrote
    >> >
    >> > Look it up, nitwit. One-time ads for private sales of personal items are
    >> > acceptable on nearly *any* Big Eight group unless specifically excepted
    >> > by charter.

    >Yep, but some don't like the result of limiting it to forbidding only
    >commercial ads, they want the whole banana, regardless of what the words
    >actually say :(

    The words actually say that all ads are prohibited (and you know it).

    --
    Best regards,
    John Navas

    John Navas, Aug 14, 2003
  13. Opentoe

    DaVidaMundi Guest

    "Steve Young" <> wrote in message news:<iXf_a.98549$>...
    > > > daytripper <> wrote
    > > >
    > > > Look it up, nitwit. One-time ads for private sales of personal items are
    > > > acceptable on nearly *any* Big Eight group unless specifically excepted
    > > > by charter.

    > > "DaVidaMundi" <> wrote
    > > Simple enough, then there isn't it?

    > Yep, but some don't like the result of limiting it to forbidding only
    > commercial ads, they want the whole banana, regardless of what the words
    > actually say :(

    So what and who cares?

    Anybody lost their ISP? Anybody had an eBay AU compliant filed?
    Anybody got so much as a black mark on their ever-lovin' permanent
    record as the direct result of someone here flapping their gums about
    a private sale post?

    Joke 'em if they can't take a f*ck (or words to that effect).

    Viva!

    DaVidaMundi, Aug 14, 2003
  14. Opentoe

    WebKatz Guest

    > Anybody lost their ISP? Anybody had an eBay AU compliant filed?
    > Anybody got so much as a black mark on their ever-lovin' permanent
    > record as the direct result of someone here flapping their gums about
    > a private sale post?

    NTMK - I sold 3 items on eBay after posting here. There were threats,
    accusations, bullying, name calling, and spamming by the local volunteer
    constabulary, but nothing came of it. eBay honors our charter, not the
    hokey, un-ratified, compilation document that keeps getting foisted around
    here.

    The official charter for this and other rec.photo.* groups can be
    found at ftp://ftp.isc.org/pub/usenet/control/rec.

    EBay's Usenet policy can be found at
    http://pages.ebay.com/help/new/usenet-policy.html

    My current auctions can be found at
    http://cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewSellersOtherItems&userid=webkatz02
    &include=0&since=-1&sort=3&rows=50

    Take care,

    Dave

    WebKatz, Aug 14, 2003
  15. Opentoe

    Steve Young Guest

    > "DaVidaMundi" <> wrote
    > So what and who cares?
    >
    > Anybody lost their ISP? Anybody had an eBay AU compliant filed?
    > Anybody got so much as a black mark on their ever-lovin' permanent
    > record as the direct result of someone here flapping their gums about
    > a private sale post?

    > Joke 'em if they can't take a f*ck (or words to that effect).

    *I've been*, turns out, they're the *jokers* :(
    Asked dunce cap johnny to cite what he said here:
    Msg-ID: B13Sa.61922$

    (read im? catch the jokes?;)

    Steve Young, Aug 15, 2003
  16. Opentoe

    John Navas Guest

    In <> on Thu, 14 Aug 2003 16:21:36 -0500,
    "WebKatz" <> wrote:

    >eBay honors our charter

    eBay only gets involved in serious abuses.

    --
    Best regards,
    John Navas

    John Navas, Aug 16, 2003
  17. Opentoe

    DaVidaMundi Guest

    John Navas <> wrote in message news:<e3k%a.12223$>...
    > [POSTED TO rec.photo.digital - REPLY ON USENET PLEASE]
    >
    > In <> on Thu, 14 Aug 2003 16:21:36 -0500,
    > "WebKatz" <> wrote:
    >
    > >eBay honors our charter

    > eBay only gets involved in serious abuses.

    Then you still ain't got squat. What are you gonna do, gum 'em to death?

    Viva!

    DaVidaMundi, Aug 16, 2003
  18. Opentoe

    DaVidaMundi Guest

    John Navas <> wrote in message news:<D2k%a.12222$>...
    > [POSTED TO rec.photo.digital - REPLY ON USENET PLEASE]
    >
    > In <> on 14 Aug 2003 10:55:05
    > -0700, (DaVidaMundi) wrote:
    >
    > >Anybody lost their ISP? Anybody had an eBay AU compliant filed?
    > >Anybody got so much as a black mark on their ever-lovin' permanent
    > >record as the direct result of someone here flapping their gums about
    > >a private sale post?

    > It actually happens more often than you think -- I personally know of several.

    Locals? Some guy seliing his own gear? Bullshit. It don't happen, no
    matter how hard you wish.

    DaVidaMundi, Aug 16, 2003
  19. Opentoe

    daytripper Guest

    On 16 Aug 2003 08:14:35 -0700, (DaVidaMundi) wrote:

    >John Navas <> wrote in message news:<D2k%a.12222$>...
    >> [POSTED TO rec.photo.digital - REPLY ON USENET PLEASE]
    >>
    >> In <> on 14 Aug 2003 10:55:05
    >> -0700, (DaVidaMundi) wrote:
    >>
    >> >Anybody lost their ISP? Anybody had an eBay AU compliant filed?
    >> >Anybody got so much as a black mark on their ever-lovin' permanent
    >> >record as the direct result of someone here flapping their gums about
    >> >a private sale post?

    >> It actually happens more often than you think -- I personally know of several.

    >Locals? Some guy seliing his own gear? Bullshit. It don't happen, no
    >matter how hard you wish.

    Why are you arguing with a no-life netcop?

    daytripper, Aug 16, 2003
  20. Opentoe

    Mark Roberts Guest

    Mark Roberts, Aug 28, 2003