    support than any equal problem with Windows. For this reason, I still
    haven't taken the plunge into selling such products. If any of you have and
    would care to share ... I would greatly appreciate it :) TIA
    techshare, Apr 28, 2004

  2. techshare

    AG Guest

    "techshare" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Has anyone actually tried doing this? I have two different ideas for Linux
    > based products that I've been working on for about six months. However,
    > there is no doubt that Linux is still tough for average consumers (even
    > today). If something goes wrong ... it seems it will likely require more
    > support than any equal problem with Windows. For this reason, I still
    > haven't taken the plunge into selling such products. If any of you have

    and
    > would care to share ... I would greatly appreciate it :) TIA

    I support Linux servers at work. I don't think I'd want to sell Linux
    computers to anyone that was going to use dial up internet. Modem support
    is pretty iffy unless you go with external serial modems.
    I'd only really sell one to a true geek and he would probably build his own
    system anyway.
    That being said. I like Linux. It's stable.
    The only OS problems that I've ever had have been due to a power outage that
    damaged a kernal. We booted the box to an older kernal and then updated
    that one. All was kool.
    I can update my RH 9.0 Linux desktop using YUM and never reboot unless I
    just want to. I have a couple of servers that haven't been rebooted since
    the last power outage, about three months ago.
    AG
    AG, Apr 29, 2004