    shaunweller Guest

    I have just been contacted by someone trying to buy laptops from me on
    ebay.But I wasnt selling one?

    shaunweller, Apr 15, 2006

  2. shaunweller

    Guest

    shaunweller wrote:

    > I have just been contacted by someone trying to buy laptops from me on
    > ebay.But I wasnt selling one?

    Why don't you write to the eBay representative that you've been
    corresponding with and ask him what he thinks?

    , Apr 15, 2006

  3. shaunweller

    Aardvark Guest

    On Sat, 15 Apr 2006 13:15:47 +0100, shaunweller wrote:

    > I have just been contacted by someone trying to buy laptops from me on
    > ebay.But I wasnt selling one?

    It's some scammer on a phishing expedition. Ignore it and whatever you do
    DO NOT click on any links in the email and if you do, DEFINITELY DO NOT
    fill in your details in the form that that link will inevitably take you
    to.

    Aardvark, Apr 15, 2006
  4. shaunweller

    nemesis Guest

    "Aardvark" <> wrote in message
    > On Sat, 15 Apr 2006 13:15:47 +0100, shaunweller wrote:
    >
    > > I have just been contacted by someone trying to buy laptops from me on
    > > ebay.But I wasnt selling one?

    > It's some scammer on a phishing expedition. Ignore it and whatever you do
    > DO NOT click on any links in the email and if you do, DEFINITELY DO NOT
    > fill in your details in the form that that link will inevitably take you
    > to.

    I receive things like this regularly. They can be very plausible. It is
    VERY IMPORTANT that you follow Aardvark's advice. All I would add is that
    you read up the information on the eBay site home page on Spoofs. You can
    also report spoofs to eBay. I always do.
    John

    nemesis, Apr 15, 2006
  5. shaunweller wrote:

    > I have just been contacted by someone trying to buy laptops from me on
    > ebay.But I wasnt selling one?

    I dunno, were you?

    --
    Blinky RLU 297263
    Killing all posts from Google Groups

    Blinky the Shark, Apr 15, 2006
  6. The Phishing Guy (was Re: selling laptops on ebay)

    Aardvark wrote:

    > On Sat, 15 Apr 2006 13:15:47 +0100, shaunweller wrote:
    >
    >> I have just been contacted by someone trying to buy laptops from me on
    >> ebay.But I wasnt selling one?

    > It's some scammer on a phishing expedition. Ignore it and whatever you do
    > DO NOT click on any links in the email and if you do, DEFINITELY DO NOT
    > fill in your details in the form that that link will inevitably take you
    > to.

    Whoa. I just responded, too. THEN I recognized this as the guy who
    started that long thread last week about the absolute authenticity of a
    phishing scam email he received from eBay.

    Kill files might be be in order, here.

    Blinky the Shark, Apr 15, 2006
  7. nemesis wrote:

    > "Aardvark" <> wrote in message
    >> On Sat, 15 Apr 2006 13:15:47 +0100, shaunweller wrote:
    >>
    >> > I have just been contacted by someone trying to buy laptops from me on
    >> > ebay.But I wasnt selling one?

    >> It's some scammer on a phishing expedition. Ignore it and whatever you
    >> do DO NOT click on any links in the email and if you do, DEFINITELY DO
    >> NOT fill in your details in the form that that link will inevitably take
    >> you to.
    >>

    > I receive things like this regularly. They can be very plausible. It is
    > VERY IMPORTANT that you follow Aardvark's advice. All I would add is
    > that you read up the information on the eBay site home page on Spoofs.
    > You can also report spoofs to eBay. I always do. John

    Troll or terminally dumb (OP). See my reply to Aardvark, Nemesis.

    Blinky the Shark, Apr 15, 2006
  8. shaunweller

    Aardvark Guest

    Re: The Phishing Guy (was Re: selling laptops on ebay)

    On Sat, 15 Apr 2006 09:45:06 -0700, Blinky the Shark wrote:

    > Aardvark wrote:
    >
    >> On Sat, 15 Apr 2006 13:15:47 +0100, shaunweller wrote:
    >>
    >>> I have just been contacted by someone trying to buy laptops from me on
    >>> ebay.But I wasnt selling one?

    >> It's some scammer on a phishing expedition. Ignore it and whatever you do
    >> DO NOT click on any links in the email and if you do, DEFINITELY DO NOT
    >> fill in your details in the form that that link will inevitably take you
    >> to.

    > Whoa. I just responded, too. THEN I recognized this as the guy who
    > started that long thread last week about the absolute authenticity of a
    > phishing scam email he received from eBay.
    >
    > Kill files might be be in order, here.

    Yes Tim. You're right there.

    I realised who he was even before I put pen to paper (fingers to keys?)
    but thought it would be good advice to anyone receiving one of these
    emails. On balance I think I was probably right to reply. For the sake of
    others, not the dingbat OP.

    Aardvark, Apr 15, 2006
  9. shaunweller

    On Sat, 15 Apr 2006 16:57:34 +0000, Aardvark wrote:

    > On Sat, 15 Apr 2006 09:45:06 -0700, Blinky the Shark wrote:
    >
    >> Aardvark wrote:

    >>> It's some scammer on a phishing expedition. Ignore it and whatever you do
    >>> DO NOT click on any links in the email and if you do, DEFINITELY DO NOT
    >>> fill in your details in the form that that link will inevitably take you
    >>> to.

    >> Whoa. I just responded, too. THEN I recognized this as the guy who
    >> started that long thread last week about the absolute authenticity of a
    >> phishing scam email he received from eBay.
    >>
    >> Kill files might be be in order, here.

    > Yes Tim. You're right there.
    >
    > I realised who he was even before I put pen to paper (fingers to keys?)
    > but thought it would be good advice to anyone receiving one of these
    > emails. On balance I think I was probably right to reply. For the sake of
    > others, not the dingbat OP.

    Oops! Sorry Blinky. For some reason Toolman Tim got into my head :)

    Aardvark, Apr 15, 2006
  10. shaunweller

    Ponder Guest

    Hiya shaunweller.

    In <news:> you wrote:

    > I have just been contacted by someone trying to buy laptops from me on
    > ebay.But I wasnt selling one?

    Well just offer him the one you have in your attic. I'm sure you've told
    him all about it because he's genuinely from ebay after all and we all know
    nobody would want to take advantage of someone as net-savvy as you.

    Fucking troll, you were caught out last time. Now sit back in your chair
    and we'll plug it in.

    --
    PGP key ID - DSS:0x2661A952

    Ponder, Apr 15, 2006
  11. shaunweller

    Toolman Tim Guest

    Re: The Phishing Guy (was Re: selling laptops on ebay)

    In news:p,
    Aardvark spewed forth:
    > On Sat, 15 Apr 2006 16:57:34 +0000, Aardvark wrote:

    >>> Whoa. I just responded, too. THEN I recognized this as the guy who
    >>> started that long thread last week about the absolute authenticity
    >>> of a phishing scam email he received from eBay.
    >>>
    >>> Kill files might be be in order, here.

    >> Yes Tim. You're right there.
    >>
    >> I realised who he was even before I put pen to paper (fingers to
    >> keys?) but thought it would be good advice to anyone receiving one
    >> of these emails. On balance I think I was probably right to reply.
    >> For the sake of others, not the dingbat OP.

    > Oops! Sorry Blinky. For some reason Toolman Tim got into my head :)

    I was staying out of this one <g>

    The OP is blocked in my newsreader, so all I've seen are the replies.

    --
    My wife and I divorced over religious differences. She thought she was
    God and I didn't.

    Toolman Tim, Apr 15, 2006
  12. shaunweller

    Toolman Tim Guest

    In news:64alf874ektu$,
    Ponder spewed forth:
    > Hiya shaunweller.
    >
    > In <news:> you wrote:
    >
    >> I have just been contacted by someone trying to buy laptops from me
    >> on ebay.But I wasnt selling one?

    > Well just offer him the one you have in your attic. I'm sure you've
    > told him all about it because he's genuinely from ebay after all and
    > we all know nobody would want to take advantage of someone as
    > net-savvy as you.
    >
    > Fucking troll, you were caught out last time. Now sit back in your
    > chair and we'll plug it in.

    ROTFLMAO!!!

    Toolman Tim, Apr 15, 2006
  13. Re: The Phishing Guy (was Re: selling laptops on ebay)

    Aardvark wrote:

    > On Sat, 15 Apr 2006 09:45:06 -0700, Blinky the Shark wrote:
    >
    >> Aardvark wrote:

    >>> It's some scammer on a phishing expedition. Ignore it and whatever you
    >>> do DO NOT click on any links in the email and if you do, DEFINITELY DO
    >>> NOT fill in your details in the form that that link will inevitably
    >>> take you to.

    >> Whoa. I just responded, too. THEN I recognized this as the guy who
    >> started that long thread last week about the absolute authenticity of a
    >> phishing scam email he received from eBay.
    >>
    >> Kill files might be be in order, here.

    > Yes Tim. You're right there.

    I'm not Tim. But yes, I'm right.

    Blinky the Shark, Apr 15, 2006
  14. Re: The Phishing Guy (was Re: selling laptops on ebay)

    Aardvark wrote:

    > On Sat, 15 Apr 2006 16:57:34 +0000, Aardvark wrote:

    >>> Whoa. I just responded, too. THEN I recognized this as the guy who
    >>> started that long thread last week about the absolute authenticity of a
    >>> phishing scam email he received from eBay.
    >>>
    >>> Kill files might be be in order, here.

    >> Yes Tim. You're right there.
    >>
    >> I realised who he was even before I put pen to paper (fingers to keys?)
    >> but thought it would be good advice to anyone receiving one of these
    >> emails. On balance I think I was probably right to reply. For the sake
    >> of others, not the dingbat OP.

    > Oops! Sorry Blinky. For some reason Toolman Tim got into my head :)

    He and colds do that. ;) (JK, Tim)

    Blinky the Shark, Apr 15, 2006