    hard drive. Is Autoclave a good suggestion? If someone can help me, i
    would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

    rich
    richt, Dec 11, 2003

  2. richt

    Hall_R_Bob Guest

    This question would be better posted to a laptop, hardware, restore, or
    online help or discussion group for the particular type of computer or
    operating system, since you would get more posters there looking at those
    topics.

    Are there no readme files on the Restore CDs, or in any booklet? Try maybe
    the website for the pc manufacturer for best of luck?

    Regards, RobH.
    Hall_R_Bob, Dec 11, 2003

  3. richt

    Eoin O'Beara Guest

    Some manufactures have bootable recovery CDs (Dell & IBM for example), some
    don't. As far as wiping the drive is concerned, the recovery CD will do that
    for you, it deletes the partitions and recreates them and then formats them
    before copying over all necessary files. Then it uncompresses the files and
    installs the OS. (Personally I'd go for XP, not ME...)

    --
    Eoin.

    Eoin O'Beara, Dec 11, 2003
  4. richt