Selling computer, opinions on presentation

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Mr Bond, Dec 8, 2004.

  1. Mr Bond

    Mr Bond Guest

    Hi,

    I'm soon to sell my main computer that I've had and upgraded on for
    around 6-7 years. In its current configurations it is a XP2500 with
    all sorts of neat stuff on the inside. On the outside, it doesn't
    look that flash. Beige inwin atx case I brough maybe 3-4 years ago,
    beige 17" phillips CRT, old keyboard, etc.

    It is more or less of the spec of what you could rock up to a computer
    shop and buy at the moment, but it looks like a 3-4 year old system.

    Do you think there is any point in updating the case/keyboard and
    maybe monitor before I launch it on to trademe?

    Thanks.

    FYI, XP2500, Abit Nforce2 MB, 60gig HD, 1gig dual channel DDR,
    Gigabyte 9600XT, Asus 52xCDR, Pioneer DVDrom, Asus internal ADSL
    modem. Also a bit of a quiet computer nut so runs big (expensive)
    heatsink, and 4x quiet 80mm fans.
    Mr Bond, Dec 8, 2004

  2. Mr Bond

    Daniel Guest

    Hi,

    You in Wellington?

    Daniel, Dec 8, 2004

  3. Mr Bond

    Craig Sutton Guest

    "Mr Bond" <> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > I'm soon to sell my main computer that I've had and upgraded on for
    > around 6-7 years. In its current configurations it is a XP2500 with
    > all sorts of neat stuff on the inside. On the outside, it doesn't
    > look that flash. Beige inwin atx case I brough maybe 3-4 years ago,
    > beige 17" phillips CRT, old keyboard, etc.
    >
    > It is more or less of the spec of what you could rock up to a computer
    > shop and buy at the moment, but it looks like a 3-4 year old system.
    >
    > Do you think there is any point in updating the case/keyboard and
    > maybe monitor before I launch it on to trademe?
    >
    > Thanks.
    >

    > FYI, XP2500, Abit Nforce2 MB, 60gig HD, 1gig dual channel DDR,
    > Gigabyte 9600XT, Asus 52xCDR, Pioneer DVDrom, Asus internal ADSL
    > modem. Also a bit of a quiet computer nut so runs big (expensive)
    > heatsink, and 4x quiet 80mm fans.

    $800?
    Craig Sutton, Dec 9, 2004
  4. Mr Bond

    Richard Guest

    Mr Bond wrote:

    > Do you think there is any point in updating the case/keyboard and
    > maybe monitor before I launch it on to trademe?

    Just put it up with no picture and see how it goes.
    Richard, Dec 9, 2004
  5. Richard wrote:
    > Mr Bond wrote:
    >
    >> Do you think there is any point in updating the case/keyboard and
    >> maybe monitor before I launch it on to trademe?

    > Just put it up with no picture and see how it goes.

    Put up for auction with buyer's option to "upgrade" for an extra $xx.
    Use a photo showing the computer as is and a likely impression of an
    upgrade.
    Man in Yellow Hat, Dec 9, 2004
  6. Mr Bond

    Mr Bond Guest

    On Thu, 09 Dec 2004 12:54:41 +1300, Daniel <>
    wrote:

    >Hi,
    >
    >You in Wellington?

    Hi,