    needed. Such as the 12-24mm sigma.

    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2967919914&category=4687

    Eric
    Eric Witte, Dec 3, 2003

  2. Eric Witte

    Mark B. Guest

    "Eric Witte" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > I have a calibrated silver canon 24-85 USM coming sometime during the
    > week. Would anyone recommend keeping the 18-55mm EF-S lens that came
    > in the kit? I'm seeing them go for as much as $165 on ebay. Would it
    > be advisable to keep for only 6mm? The new lens would be fairly cheap
    > if I could get close to that for my kit lens and filters. I could
    > always get a second lens for wide angle in a year or so I guess if
    > needed. Such as the 12-24mm sigma.

    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2967919914&category=4687

    > Eric

    If it was me, I'd keep it only because the 300D is the only camera it will
    work on. It might be a good idea to sell it with the camera when you're
    ready to upgrade.

    Mark
    Mark B., Dec 3, 2003

  3. Eric Witte

    ßowser Guest

    It's not that bad. Keep it. Wide open it's a little soft, but stopped down,
    it's good.

    ßowser, Dec 4, 2003
  4. Eric Witte

    Eric Witte Guest

    > If it was me, I'd keep it only because the 300D is the only camera it will
    > work on. It might be a good idea to sell it with the camera when you're
    > ready to upgrade.
    >
    > Mark

    I'm thinking about keeping it for 2 reasons. It will probably
    increase the value if/when I decide to sell it and as a backup in case
    something happens to the better lens. I'll probably not bother with
    it for the extra 6mm. I will test out the stitching software. That
    should be all the wide angle I need :)

    I can't wait to try out the new lens. The seller upgraded to a
    24-70L. This one supposedly is one of the better ones. Hopefully
    since it sold for about $20 more than a new one :)

    Eric
    Eric Witte, Dec 4, 2003
  5. Eric Witte

    Eric Witte Guest

    "ßowser" <> wrote in message news:<gmGzb.299387$9E1.1524222@attbi_s52>...
    > It's not that bad. Keep it. Wide open it's a little soft, but stopped down,
    > it's good.
    >
    > "Eric Witte" <> wrote in message

    I'm not sure if I have tried it wide open yet but I'm playing with f/8
    and f/11 right now. I did get a fairly sharp picture. It was fairly
    cloudy. I believe I had to go down to 1/60s and ISO200.

    Eric
    Eric Witte, Dec 4, 2003