    first MCP exam ever.

    thanks

    -dev...

    Dev Lunsford, Sep 7, 2003

  2. Dev Lunsford

    Lady Guest

    You don't have to spend money on training courses. Simply purchase the
    hardware you need and good study material. I prefer the MOC setup in
    conjunction with MS Press Training Kits and Resource Kits. You can buy MS
    Press and Resource Kits at www.amazon.com

    If you don't have access to the MOC, You can use the MS Press Training Kits
    to setup your computers for lab exercises. Once you finish the book, you
    should consider purchasing practice questions from www.selftestsoftware.com

    Hope this helps.

    Lady, Sep 7, 2003

  3. Dev Lunsford

    Rick Guest

    I have much the same input. If you are planning on taking 70-210 windows
    2000 pro or 70-270 windows XP you can just study the books and take the
    test. The practice test are a big help so you get use to the format. I use
    measure up and have been very happy with the product. If you move on to the
    other MCSE test I would advise you to get a couple of PC's and set up a lab
    at home so you can run through the labs. I use 2000 at work so I had lots of
    hand on experince. 3 more test an I will complete my MCSE

    Rick

    Rick, Sep 7, 2003
  4. Dev Lunsford

    Lady Guest

    You're right. There are some tests that can be easily passed by reading the
    book and using practice questions. And, it's a cost-effective way to begin
    the certification process.

    Lady, Sep 7, 2003
  5. Dev Lunsford

    Dev Lunsford Guest

    Great stuff. I guess I'm just worried about failing and wasting my money,
    but if I pass even second time, it'll be cheaper than the training.

    Thanks for the advice. I'll get studying.

    -dev...

    Dev Lunsford, Sep 8, 2003
  6. Dev Lunsford

    MCSE World Guest

    I've never sat a day of training for anything IT related.

    Best,
    Will
    www.mcseworld.com

    MCSE World, Sep 9, 2003