    This morning my notebook, without any help, came to life, dialed up
    and connected to the ISP. Any suggestions appreciated.
    Haunted??? Thanks
    Jose Cuervo, Jun 21, 2006

  2. Jose Cuervo

    Rick Guest

    "Jose Cuervo" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > This morning my notebook, without any help, came to life, dialed up
    > and connected to the ISP. Any suggestions appreciated.
    > Haunted??? Thanks

    you have been replaced
    Rick, Jun 21, 2006

  3. Jose Cuervo wrote:
    > This morning my notebook, without any help, came to life, dialed up
    > and connected to the ISP. Any suggestions appreciated.
    > Haunted??? Thanks

    Spyware or trojan(s). Update and run your antivirus program, run a good
    antivirus program such as Spybot Search and Destroy and/or Adaware.
    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Jun 21, 2006
  4. Rôgêr wrote:
    > Jose Cuervo wrote:
    >
    >> This morning my notebook, without any help, came to life, dialed up
    >> and connected to the ISP. Any suggestions appreciated.
    >> Haunted??? Thanks

    > Spyware or trojan(s). Update and run your antivirus program, run a good
    > antivirus program such as Spybot Search and Destroy and/or Adaware.

    ^^^^ Excuse me, that should be "antispyware".
    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Jun 21, 2006
  5. Jose Cuervo

    beenthere Guest

    "Rôgêr" <> wrote in message
    > Rôgêr wrote:
    >> Jose Cuervo wrote:
    >>
    >>> This morning my notebook, without any help, came to life, dialed up
    >>> and connected to the ISP. Any suggestions appreciated.
    >>> Haunted??? Thanks

    >> Spyware or trojan(s). Update and run your antivirus program, run a good
    >> antivirus program such as Spybot Search and Destroy and/or Adaware.

    > ^^^^ Excuse me, that should be "antispyware".

    You Are excused (Don`t do it again <g>.)
    beenthere, Jun 21, 2006
  6. Jose Cuervo

    Mikey Guest

    Jose Cuervo wrote:

    > This morning my notebook, without any help, came to life, dialed up
    > and connected to the ISP. Any suggestions appreciated.
    > Haunted??? Thanks

    Run screaming naked into the woods.
    Mikey, Jun 21, 2006
  7. Jose Cuervo

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Wed, 21 Jun 2006 13:05:11 -0400, Mikey
    <Not_Here@Not_There_Either.nope> wrote:

    >Run screaming naked into the woods.

    Wait.. are you saying the OP should run, screaming "NAKED INTO THE
    WOODS", or run, screaming "NAKED" into the woods?
    Evan Platt, Jun 21, 2006
  8. On Wed, 21 Jun 2006 07:53:06 -0700, Jose Cuervo wrote:

    > This morning my notebook, without any help, came to life, dialed up and
    > connected to the ISP. Any suggestions appreciated. Haunted??? Thanks

    Are you certain it was your ISP it dialed, rather than some $10/min pr0n
    site?
    Gary G. Taylor, Jun 22, 2006
  9. Jose Cuervo

    Dingus Guest

    BIOS Power Management settings can be altered to do this. Maybe someone who
    has access to the LT is playing a joke.

    D.

    Dingus, Jun 22, 2006
  10. Jose Cuervo

    Mikey Guest

    Evan Platt wrote:

    > On Wed, 21 Jun 2006 13:05:11 -0400, Mikey
    > <Not_Here@Not_There_Either.nope> wrote:
    >
    > >Run screaming naked into the woods.

    > Wait.. are you saying the OP should run, screaming "NAKED INTO THE
    > WOODS", or run, screaming "NAKED" into the woods?

    Sorry for not making myself clear. He should rip off all his clothes
    until he's naked and then run into the woods screaming "OH MY GOD!!!
    OH MY GOD!!!".
    Mikey, Jun 22, 2006
  11. Jose Cuervo

    Plato Guest

    Jose Cuervo wrote:

    > This morning my notebook, without any help, came to life, dialed up
    > and connected to the ISP. Any suggestions appreciated.
    > Haunted??? Thanks

    Disable wake on lan and/or wake on modem in the bios.

    --
    http://www.bootdisk.com/
    Plato, Jun 22, 2006
  12. Jose Cuervo

    Plato Guest

    Mikey wrote:

    > Jose Cuervo wrote:
    >
    > > This morning my notebook, without any help, came to life, dialed up
    > > and connected to the ISP. Any suggestions appreciated.
    > > Haunted??? Thanks

    > Run screaming naked into the woods.

    greebrier sucks
    Plato, Jun 22, 2006
  13. Jose Cuervo

    Top Guest

    It happens that Jose Cuervo formulated :
    > This morning my notebook, without any help, came to life,
    > dialed up
    > and connected to the ISP. Any suggestions appreciated.
    > Haunted??? Thanks

    Pay your bill before we kidnap your laptop!

    Bill in billing >:|
    Top, Jun 22, 2006