    would like to help her.
    Thanks in advance,
    Rick

    RG1202, Nov 10, 2003

  2. RG1202

    Mick Ruthven Guest

    Ask on the Retouching forum on www.dpreview.com.

    "RG1202" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > I am a newbie with Photoshop Elements (ver. 1) and digital in general. I

    have a
    > picture of 4 kids on a beach where one of the kids is sitting a bit behind

    the
    > others and that put his face in a shadow.
    > Is there a way that I can just lighten up the one face and not the whole
    > picture. Just trying to get his features to show up like the other kids.

    Its
    > for a friend who wants to use it as a Christmas card so she is desperate

    and I

    Mick Ruthven, Nov 10, 2003

  3. RG1202

    Ray Fischer Guest

    RG1202 <> wrote:
    >I am a newbie with Photoshop Elements (ver. 1) and digital in general. I have a
    >picture of 4 kids on a beach where one of the kids is sitting a bit behind the
    >others and that put his face in a shadow.
    >Is there a way that I can just lighten up the one face and not the whole
    >picture. Just trying to get his features to show up like the other kids. Its
    >for a friend who wants to use it as a Christmas card so she is desperate and I
    >would like to help her.

    Elements 2.0 has a "Fill Flash" menu item that lightens dark areas.
    Don't know if that's in v1. Enhance > Adjust Lighting

    --
    Ray Fischer

    Ray Fischer, Nov 13, 2003
  4. RG1202

    Don Coon Guest

    "Ray Fischer" <> wrote in message
    > RG1202 <> wrote:
    > >I am a newbie with Photoshop Elements (ver. 1) and digital in general. I

    have a
    > >picture of 4 kids on a beach where one of the kids is sitting a bit

    behind the
    > >others and that put his face in a shadow.
    > >Is there a way that I can just lighten up the one face and not the whole
    > >picture. Just trying to get his features to show up like the other kids.

    Its
    > >for a friend who wants to use it as a Christmas card so she is desperate

    and I
    > >would like to help her.

    > Elements 2.0 has a "Fill Flash" menu item that lightens dark areas.
    > Don't know if that's in v1. Enhance > Adjust Lighting

    Or you can select the area you want to lighten using either the "magic Wand"
    or "Lasso" tool and lighten it.

    Don Coon, Nov 13, 2003
  5. RG1202

    RG1202 Guest

    >Or you can select the area you want to lighten using either the "magic Wand"
    >or "Lasso" tool and lighten it.

    Thats what I figured out and it worked out very good. Thanks to all.
    Rick

    RG1202, Nov 13, 2003