    not be this difficult.
    --
    I appreciate the assistance
    =?Utf-8?B?UmFuZHk=?=, Jul 28, 2007

  2. Hi
    If you want to use Windows Wireless Zero configuration then here is No point
    letting the Intel Utility run too, it waste memory and creates conflicts.
    You can keep the Intel Utility if you want to, but get it out of the
    StartUp.
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., Jul 28, 2007

  3. =?Utf-8?B?UmFuZHk=?=

    Pavel A. Guest

    "Randy" <> wrote in message news:...
    > Just purchased new Dell D630 with Windows XP and an INTEL wireless adapter.
    > When I select the option to have Intel PROSet/wireless manage the wi-fi (in
    > place of Microsoft) this election is not maintained when I shut down the
    > computer and then start up again. I would be OK with Microsoft managing the
    > wi-fi connection except I can't get it to save my passkey in the profile for
    > my wireless network, which requires hand entering the code each time I want
    > to connect. There is a check box in the microsoft options that indicates
    > Microsoft should manage the connection which I unchecked, but it is checked
    > each time I start up. The sequence on startup is for INTEL to manage the
    > connection, but then Microsoft takes over. I can get connected but it should
    > not be this difficult.
    > --
    > I appreciate the assistance

    This is strange, the selection of PROset should be persistent...
    Are you logged on as administrator?
    When you shut down, is there any crash, blue screen, black screen etc.?
    Anything relevant in the eventlog?

    Regards,
    --PA
    Pavel A., Jul 31, 2007