    Thanks,
    Kayda
    , May 11, 2005

  2. In article <>,
    <> wrote:
    :I am using the Cisco Aironet Card 350 with a Linksys Wireless router
    :using WEP. My wireless card usually picks up the correct network, but
    :sometimes it picks up the neighbour's network by accident, even though
    >I haven't created a profile for these networks. I have tried changing

    :various setting in the client by guesswork (checking "primary antenna
    :eek:nly, unchecking "scan for a better access point"), but it still picks
    :up the other networks. I want it to pick up my wireless router, or
    :nothing at all. How do I set my card to do this?

    If you are using XP you use a different approach: you reconfigure
    your Wireless Zero Configuration or turn it off completely.

    One problem description:

    http://www.wired.com/news/print/0,1294,63705,00.html

    How to install WZC; also some info on configuring for multiple networks

    http://www.practicallynetworked.com/qa/qa20040311.shtml

    I don't find a link right at the moment, but one problem a lot of
    people have with WZC is that the default settings are to connect
    to the strongest signal, rather than restricting to one particular
    network, or picking an AP and sticking to it.
    --
    Studies show that the average reader ignores 106% of all statistics
    they see in .signatures.
    Walter Roberson, May 11, 2005

  3. Guest

    I'm actually running Win 2003 server usually (I have a dual boot but
    stay on Win 2003 Server for various reasons). I have the "Wireless
    Configuration" service, and it doesn't matter whether I turn it on or
    off. (Is that the same as the "Wireless Zero Configuration" service?
    That service is not available if I follow the steps in the article.

    Shouldn't there be some setting in the Cisco 350 Aironet Client utility
    that allows me to select one AP only? I think this would be something
    people would need to do quite frequently.
    , May 15, 2005