Sekonic Light Meter

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Stephen Manaton, Sep 2, 2005.

  1. Stephen Manaton, Sep 2, 2005

  2. Stephen Manaton

    Stacey Guest

    Stephen Manaton wrote:

    > I am thinking of buying the above light meter has any body used one,also
    > what will be the advantage of this meter compared with my Nikon D70,s
    > Light Meter and is it worth buying a meter or just use yhe cameras any
    > advise most welcome thankyou.
    > P.S this is the address to the Meter.

    http://www.morrisphoto.co.uk/ProductDetails.aspx?productID=4921&selection=5

    I have the earlier L-308 and it's a great light meter. Very accurate and
    compact etc, highly recomend it.
    --

    Stacey

    Stacey, Sep 2, 2005

  3. Stephen Manaton

    mike Guest

    Stephen Manaton wrote:
    > I am thinking of buying the above light meter has any body used one,also
    > what will be the advantage of this meter compared with my Nikon D70,s Light
    > Meter and is it worth buying a meter or just use yhe cameras any advise most
    > welcome thankyou.
    > P.S this is the address to the Meter.
    >
    > http://www.morrisphoto.co.uk/ProductDetails.aspx?productID=4921&selection=5

    I have an L-508 Zoom Master I don't use.
    Make me an offer. Geography may be a problem tho...
    mike

    ..
    Wanted 12" LCD for Compaq Armada 7770MT.
    MAKE THE OBVIOUS CHANGES TO THE LINK

    mike, Sep 2, 2005
  4. Depending on what type of photography you do, an incident meter can be a
    great tool.
    Check out this article: http://www.photomigrations.com/articles/0401100.htm.
    I just got the L-358 and am initially very pleased with my results.

    P_

    --
    "My mandate also includes weird bugs"

    Patrick Gault, Sep 2, 2005
  5. Stephen Manaton

    Jim Guest

    "Stephen Manaton" <> wrote in message
    >I am thinking of buying the above light meter has any body used one,also
    > what will be the advantage of this meter compared with my Nikon D70,s
    > Light
    > Meter and is it worth buying a meter or just use yhe cameras any advise
    > most
    > welcome thankyou.
    > P.S this is the address to the Meter.
    >
    > http://www.morrisphoto.co.uk/ProductDetails.aspx?productID=4921&selection=5

    I haven't used a hand held meter since I bought my Canon FT-QL in 1968. I
    might consider an incident meter because there is one less degree of freedom
    with such a device. Otherwise, the reflective meter built into current
    cameras is good enough. I do wish that the center weighted meter was closer
    in performance to the one in my F3.
    Jim

    Jim, Sep 2, 2005
  6. Stephen Manaton

    wilt Guest

    The Sekonic is a nice brand of meter (and I'm glad to see they
    abandoned the digital analog dial face display finally). It does flash
    metering, which is useful when you use your camera with non-dedicated
    flash units (e.g. studio strobes), and it does incident metering which
    is useful when your subject is not 'typical' in its reflectivity (white
    dress for bride; black tux for groom; black cat; white polar bear)

    wilt, Sep 2, 2005
  7. Stephen Manaton

    Gormless Guest

    > I am thinking of buying the above light meter has any body used one,also
    > what will be the advantage of this meter compared with my Nikon D70,s

    Light
    > Meter and is it worth buying a meter or just use yhe cameras any advise

    most
    > welcome thankyou.

    Since you don't seem to know what it's for, the question has to be asked -
    why are you thinking of buying one?

    Gormless, Sep 2, 2005
  8. Stephen Manaton

    Roy Guest

    "Gormless" <> wrote in message

    > "Stephen Manaton" <> wrote in message
    >> I am thinking of buying the above light meter has any body used one,also
    >> what will be the advantage of this meter compared with my Nikon D70,s

    > Light
    >> Meter and is it worth buying a meter or just use yhe cameras any advise

    > most
    >> welcome thankyou.

    > Since you don't seem to know what it's for, the question has to be asked -
    > why are you thinking of buying one?

    Just so that he could ask another question here. He must have forgotten
    that he has already asked about light meters, and that he put his camera up
    for sale on 18th August.

    Try putting his name in search for this NG.

    Roy G

    Roy, Sep 2, 2005