    actually went back to the film elements to do the mastering.

    Does anyone have the info on that?

    Mike

    Michael Rogers, Nov 26, 2004

  2. Michael Rogers

    drsd2kill Guest

    Indeed they did. It was a long and expensive process, but the episodes were
    retransferred and edited from the raw film masters. Too bad they didn't do that
    with FRIENDS, though eventually they probably will so it can be syndicated in
    HD and be re-released on high definition DVD.

    drsd2kill, Nov 26, 2004

  3. yeah, and too bad they didn't do ti with Star Trek:The Next Generation
    though it would've been much tougher to pull that off.

    Best,
    Mike

    Michael Rogers, Nov 26, 2004
  4. Michael Rogers

    TonyAtRest Guest

    >They don't. The video is not reference quality mind you, but it's
    >certainly much better than I ever thought it would be taking into
    >consideration what I thought the master format was (broadcast
    >videotape).

    Yeah it's great, except for the pilot.

    tony

    "I'm living in this movie, but it doesn't move me...."

    Buzzcocks, 1976

    TonyAtRest, Nov 27, 2004