Seeking: Taxi (french w/ english sub titles and/or audio)

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by My Name, Aug 4, 2003.

  1. My Name

    My Name Guest

    I have been trying to find this film for a long time now. Not the american
    sitcom.

    Taxi, it's a french movie, by Luc Besson & Gerard Pires

    I bought a copy from amazon.ca hoping it would have english subtitles, but
    it didn't have them.

    Would like to find a place that sells this with english subtitles (and
    english audio if possible). Would also be interested in Taxi 2 and so on.

    Thanks for your help.

    ---

    My Name, Aug 4, 2003

  2. My Name

    TN Guest

    Try play.com. They should the version with english subtitles, and it seems
    to be quite cheap too... ;-)
    http://www.playserver7.com/play247.asp?page=title&r=R2&title=5424

    TN

    "My Name" <> kirjoitti
    viestissä:FhmXa.28529$Je.7683@fed1read04...

    TN, Aug 4, 2003

  3. In article <bgl733$9ua$>, VEcom
    says...
    > Try play.com. They should the version with english subtitles, and it seems
    > to be quite cheap too... ;-)
    > http://www.playserver7.com/play247.asp?page=title&r=R2&title=5424

    The R2 of Taxi (1998) is letterbox widescreen with the non-removable
    subtitles burnt in to the black bar at the bottom of the screen.

    --
    Rid

    Ridwan Hughes, Aug 4, 2003
  4. My Name

    Jay G Guest

    "My Name" <> wrote
    > Taxi, it's a french movie, by Luc Besson & Gerard Pires
    >
    > Would like to find a place that sells this with english subtitles (and
    > english audio if possible). Would also be interested in Taxi 2 and so on.

    Taxi is available in a region-free edition from Korea:
    http://www.pokerindustries.com/poker.store?page=item&sku=TAXIKO-DVD
    Anamorphic and with DD5.1 sound. The downside is that the Korean
    DVD is edited, cutting a brief flash of breasts from the film.

    Available unedited, with DTS sound, is the Taiwan DVD:
    http://www.pokerindustries.com/poker.store?page=item&sku=TAXITWN-DVD
    The downside being that it's not anamorphic

    For Taxi 2, the best version is the Korean DVD:
    http://www.pokerindustries.com/poker.store?page=item&sku=TAXI2KO-DVD
    All-region, anamorphic, DTS, and uncut.

    Most of these DVDs can also be gotten at HKFlix. HKFlix
    also has the Korean DVD of Taxi 3, although it's an R3:
    http://www.hkflix.com/xq/asp/search.yes/title.taxi/qx/titles.htm

    If region coding isn't a problem, you can buy the
    Hong Kong R3 DVDs for fairly cheap:
    http://www.dddhouse.com/cms/dddhouse/en/index.jsp?action=cat&categoryID=14
    Note that the prices at DDDhouse are in HK$, with a transfer
    rate of about US$1.00=HK$7.80 .

    The Hong Kong DVD of Taxi is non-anamorphic letterboxed
    with DD5.1 sound. The HK DVD of Taxi 2 is anamorphic
    with DTS and DD5.1 sound, but the video has some combing
    problems.

    Hope this helps,
    -Jay

    Jay G, Aug 4, 2003
  5. My Name

    Evil Guest

    "My Name" <> wrote in message news:<FhmXa.28529$Je.7683@fed1read04>...
    > I have been trying to find this film for a long time now. Not the american
    > sitcom.
    >
    > Taxi, it's a french movie, by Luc Besson & Gerard Pires
    >
    > I bought a copy from amazon.ca hoping it would have english subtitles, but
    > it didn't have them.
    >
    > Would like to find a place that sells this with english subtitles (and
    > english audio if possible). Would also be interested in Taxi 2 and so on.
    >
    > Thanks for your help.
    >

    > ---

    you can have mine. Ugh. I was looking forward to this very much, but
    what a letdown.

    Evil, Aug 4, 2003
  6. My Name

    John Chu Guest

    In article <WeGXa.268$Qe.59@fed1read04>,
    "My Name" <> wrote:

    > blasted!, play.com won't ship to the US, it's not listed in the list of
    > countries on the credit card checkout!

    Check out :

    www.hkflix.com

    Unfortunately...the uncut all region version is "out of print" so you
    have to get the Region 3 one I guess.

    Or get the Korean market version.

    You could also visit your local Chinatowns--for example here in New York
    you can find all kinds obscure DVD's from Japan, France etc.

    I just heard Taxi 3 is out.. have to look for that....

    John Chu, Aug 6, 2003
  7. On Wed, 06 Aug 2003 22:50:52 GMT, John Chu <> wrote:

    >Or get the Korean market version.
    >
    >You could also visit your local Chinatowns--for example here in New York
    >you can find all kinds obscure DVD's from Japan, France etc.
    >
    >I just heard Taxi 3 is out.. have to look for that....

    Watch out for the all-region Korean Taxi 3 (it is in a plain keepcase
    with carboard slipcover). The picture has been cropped from 2.35:1 to
    1.78:1. Still anamorphic ws, but missing a bit off the sides. And the
    English subtitles are not very good, they don't translate everything.

    Mischa

    Mischa van Dinter, Aug 8, 2003