    to pay - am looking around the $400 mark.

    Thanks in advance for any leads ...

    Jo

    Mrs Beeble Brock, Apr 7, 2005

  2. Mrs Beeble Brock wrote:
    > Hi guys, if you were going to look for some software, which may or may
    > not be in existence, where would you go? Where I live there are no
    > places who sell actual software where I can browse. Can anyone recommend
    > a website or company name I can call?
    >
    > In particular I'm seeking software to work with my pabx and log and
    > price phonecalls made from various extensions. The product I currently
    > use is antiquated and I want to upgrade.
    >
    > A web search for "call logging software" has come up with nothing except
    > for an overseas company who haven't replied to my information request.
    > The only domestic product I've found, Callista, costs more than I want
    > to pay - am looking around the $400 mark.

    Callista used to be a pig, Im sorry I cant even give you a reference for
    which version I was using, but it was an absolute pig to admin.

    Something like sourceforge might be usefull.
    sf.net and search for pabx or similar... or does it had to be windows based?

    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Apr 7, 2005

  3. Dave - Dave.net.nz wrote:

    > Callista used to be a pig, Im sorry I cant even give you a reference for
    > which version I was using, but it was an absolute pig to admin.
    >
    > Something like sourceforge might be usefull.
    > sf.net and search for pabx or similar... or does it had to be windows
    > based?

    Thanks Dave, I'd hoped for Windows since my current woes are being
    caused by the DOS based programme I want to get rid of.

    Mrs Beeble Brock, Apr 7, 2005
  4. Mrs Beeble Brock

    Al Guest

    Mrs Beeble Brock wrote:

    > Hi guys, if you were going to look for some software, which may or may
    > not be in existence, where would you go? Where I live there are no
    > places who sell actual software where I can browse. Can anyone recommend
    > a website or company name I can call?
    >
    > In particular I'm seeking software to work with my pabx and log and
    > price phonecalls made from various extensions. The product I currently
    > use is antiquated and I want to upgrade.
    >
    > A web search for "call logging software" has come up with nothing except
    > for an overseas company who haven't replied to my information request.
    > The only domestic product I've found, Callista, costs more than I want
    > to pay - am looking around the $400 mark.
    >
    > Thanks in advance for any leads ...
    >
    > Jo

    Try this site
    http://www.calltracker.co.nz/

    Cheers Al

    Al, Apr 7, 2005
  5. Al said the following on 7/04/2005 8:44 p.m.:
    > Mrs Beeble Brock wrote:
    >
    >>Hi guys, if you were going to look for some software, which may or may
    >>not be in existence, where would you go? Where I live there are no
    >>places who sell actual software where I can browse. Can anyone recommend
    >>a website or company name I can call?
    >>
    >>In particular I'm seeking software to work with my pabx and log and
    >>price phonecalls made from various extensions. The product I currently
    >>use is antiquated and I want to upgrade.
    >>
    >>A web search for "call logging software" has come up with nothing except
    >>for an overseas company who haven't replied to my information request.
    >>The only domestic product I've found, Callista, costs more than I want
    >>to pay - am looking around the $400 mark.
    >>
    >>Thanks in advance for any leads ...
    >>
    >>Jo

    > Try this site
    > http://www.calltracker.co.nz/
    >
    > Cheers Al

    So long as this will take the data from your PABX (You forget to mention
    what brand/model pabx) it will work. It is basic and really designed for
    monthly accounting rather than day to day but it does work.

    I installed a couple of sites with it on Panasonic and Ericson PABX's
    and it was easy (software wise) but can be fun making the PABX output
    the information.

    Collector»NZ, Apr 7, 2005
  6. Mrs Beeble Brock

    Peter Lowrie Guest

    Collector»NZ wrote:

    > Al said the following on 7/04/2005 8:44 p.m.:
    >> Mrs Beeble Brock wrote:
    >>
    >>>Hi guys, if you were going to look for some software, which may or may
    >>>not be in existence, where would you go? Where I live there are no
    >>>places who sell actual software where I can browse. Can anyone recommend
    >>>a website or company name I can call?
    >>>
    >>>In particular I'm seeking software to work with my pabx and log and
    >>>price phonecalls made from various extensions. The product I currently
    >>>use is antiquated and I want to upgrade.
    >>>
    >>>A web search for "call logging software" has come up with nothing except
    >>>for an overseas company who haven't replied to my information request.
    >>>The only domestic product I've found, Callista, costs more than I want
    >>>to pay - am looking around the $400 mark.
    >>>
    >>>Thanks in advance for any leads ...
    >>>
    >>>Jo

    >> Try this site
    >> http://www.calltracker.co.nz/
    >>
    >> Cheers Al

    > So long as this will take the data from your PABX (You forget to mention
    > what brand/model pabx) it will work. It is basic and really designed for
    > monthly accounting rather than day to day but it does work.
    >
    > I installed a couple of sites with it on Panasonic and Ericson PABX's
    > and it was easy (software wise) but can be fun making the PABX output
    > the information.

    Speaking of PABX's, does anyone have an old Aria that they want to give
    away?

    --
    Regards,
    Peter.

    Peter Lowrie, Apr 7, 2005
  7. Peter Lowrie said the following on 7/04/2005 9:34 p.m.:
    > Collector»NZ wrote:
    >

    >>Al said the following on 7/04/2005 8:44 p.m.:

    >>>Try this site
    >>>http://www.calltracker.co.nz/
    >>>
    >>>Cheers Al

    >>So long as this will take the data from your PABX (You forget to mention
    >>what brand/model pabx) it will work. It is basic and really designed for
    >>monthly accounting rather than day to day but it does work.
    >>
    >>I installed a couple of sites with it on Panasonic and Ericson PABX's
    >>and it was easy (software wise) but can be fun making the PABX output
    >>the information.
    >>

    > Speaking of PABX's, does anyone have an old Aria that they want to give
    > away?

    Not anymore, but if you contact Ian Mair at Connect in Auckland he may
    have a cheap second hand one that he would sell you.

    Collector»NZ, Apr 7, 2005
  8. Mrs Beeble Brock

    Bling-Bling Guest

    On Thu, 07 Apr 2005 12:12:15 +1200, Mrs Beeble Brock wrote:

    >> Callista used to be a pig, Im sorry I cant even give you a reference for
    >> which version I was using, but it was an absolute pig to admin.
    >>
    >> Something like sourceforge might be usefull.
    >> sf.net and search for pabx or similar... or does it had to be windows
    >> based?

    > Thanks Dave, I'd hoped for Windows since my current woes are being
    > caused by the DOS based programme I want to get rid of.

    Whatabout a Linux/Unix (rather than Micro$oft windows) solution?

    Bling Bling

    --
    Groklaw: "Seriously, the problem Microsoft has with its FUD is this: it waited
    too long. Too many solid, upstanding, capitalist corporations now believe in

    Bling-Bling, Apr 7, 2005
  9. >

    > Whatabout a Linux/Unix (rather than Micro$oft windows) solution?
    >

    > Bling Bling

    Because it has to integrate with other software which doesn't have ---ix
    versions.

    Mrs Beeble Brock, Apr 7, 2005

  10. >
    > Try this site
    > http://www.calltracker.co.nz/
    >
    > Cheers Al

    Thanks Al - I can't seem to get into their site at present. I'll try later.

    Mrs Beeble Brock, Apr 7, 2005

  11. >
    > So long as this will take the data from your PABX (You forget to mention
    > what brand/model pabx)

    It's a Hybrex BX8

    Mrs Beeble Brock, Apr 7, 2005
  12. Mrs Beeble Brock

    Bling-Bling Guest

    On Fri, 08 Apr 2005 09:10:00 +1200, Mrs Beeble Brock wrote:

    >> Whatabout a Linux/Unix (rather than Micro$oft windows) solution?

    > Because it has to integrate with other software which doesn't have ---ix
    > versions.

    That's not a problem if you're using more than one computer in your
    organisation.

    Bling Bling

    Bling-Bling, Apr 8, 2005