    script that could coordinate making the connection?

    Thanks.

    , Nov 18, 2007

  2. On Sun, 18 Nov 2007 09:24:33 -0800 (PST), varioustrees wrote:
    > If a 3rd system must be involved, is there a simple PHP
    > script that could coordinate making the connection?

    This is typically referred to as click to call functionality

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Click-to-call

    Your script would initiate some software like Asterisk to initiate two
    calls and then connect both channels.

    If you have a big volume of calls you need to centrally initiate, drop
    me a call and I can share some ideas with you.

    --
    :: Regards, Andy Davidson blog www.andyd.net
    :: http://www.localphone.com/ - Call Global, Pay Local

    Andy Davidson, Nov 18, 2007

  3. wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I want a program that, given my IP address and another
    > person's IP address, will let us converse with sound i.e.
    > make a VOIP call. I'd prefer that no 3rd system (server)
    > be involved. We are both using wireless routers.
    >
    > Is this possible? Is there a program that will allow it?
    >
    > If a 3rd system must be involved, is there a simple PHP
    > script that could coordinate making the connection?
    >
    > Thanks.

    You might want to mention which fucking OS you are using while posting a
    question like that.

    --
    Geeks may inherit the earth,
    but they have no desire to rule it

    -Robert Stevens (the Geek Squad founder)

    Rev Turd Fredericks, Nov 18, 2007
  4. FrozenNorth Guest

    Rev Turd Fredericks took a can of maroon spray paint on November 18, 2007
    02:34 pm and wrote the following:

    > wrote:
    >> Hi,
    >>
    >> I want a program that, given my IP address and another
    >> person's IP address, will let us converse with sound i.e.
    >> make a VOIP call. I'd prefer that no 3rd system (server)
    >> be involved. We are both using wireless routers.
    >>
    >> Is this possible? Is there a program that will allow it?
    >>
    >> If a 3rd system must be involved, is there a simple PHP
    >> script that could coordinate making the connection?
    >>
    >> Thanks.

    > You might want to mention which fucking OS you are using while posting a
    > question like that.

    Its headers say Linux, Mozilla Firefox 2.0.0.4

    --
    Lits Slut #9

    FrozenNorth, Nov 18, 2007
  5. wrote:

    > I want a program that, given my IP address and another
    > person's IP address, will let us converse with sound i.e.
    > make a VOIP call. I'd prefer that no 3rd system (server)
    > be involved. We are both using wireless routers.
    >
    > Is this possible? Is there a program that will allow it?

    How about SpeakFreely?

    It's about as basic as VoIP gets, but you can talk, and even use
    encryption if you want to.

    Juergen Nieveler
    --
    "There needs to be debates, like we're going through. There needs to be
    townhall meetings. There needs to be travel. This is a huge country."

    Juergen Nieveler, Nov 18, 2007
  6. FrozenNorth wrote:
    > Rev Turd Fredericks took a can of maroon spray paint on November 18, 2007
    > 02:34 pm and wrote the following:
    >
    >> wrote:
    >>> Hi,
    >>>
    >>> I want a program that, given my IP address and another
    >>> person's IP address, will let us converse with sound i.e.
    >>> make a VOIP call. I'd prefer that no 3rd system (server)
    >>> be involved. We are both using wireless routers.
    >>>
    >>> Is this possible? Is there a program that will allow it?
    >>>
    >>> If a 3rd system must be involved, is there a simple PHP
    >>> script that could coordinate making the connection?
    >>>
    >>> Thanks.

    >> You might want to mention which fucking OS you are using while posting a
    >> question like that.
    >>

    > Its headers say Linux, Mozilla Firefox 2.0.0.4

    What do you suppose the person he wants to talk to is using? Besides,
    other than you, who bothers to read headers? :)

    Rev Turd Fredericks, Nov 18, 2007
  7. FrozenNorth Guest

    04:45 pm and wrote the following:

    > FrozenNorth wrote:
    >> Rev Turd Fredericks took a can of maroon spray paint on November 18, 2007
    >> 02:34 pm and wrote the following:

    >>> You might want to mention which fucking OS you are using while posting a
    >>> question like that.
    >>>

    >> Its headers say Linux, Mozilla Firefox 2.0.0.4
    >>

    > What do you suppose the person he wants to talk to is using? Besides,
    > other than you, who bothers to read headers? :)

    Well, if you are going to be that way, two dented soup cans, and a really
    long piece of string, Voice Over Irregular Packaging.

    --
    Lits Slut #9

    FrozenNorth, Nov 18, 2007
  8. FrozenNorth wrote:
    > Rev Turd Fredericks took a can of maroon spray paint on November 18, 2007
    > 04:45 pm and wrote the following:
    >
    >> FrozenNorth wrote:
    >>> Rev Turd Fredericks took a can of maroon spray paint on November 18, 2007

    >>> Its headers say Linux, Mozilla Firefox 2.0.0.4
    >>>

    >> What do you suppose the person he wants to talk to is using? Besides,
    >> other than you, who bothers to read headers? :)
    >>

    > Well, if you are going to be that way, two dented soup cans, and a really
    > long piece of string, Voice Over Irregular Packaging.

    I tried that but the damned cat keeps playing with the string

    Rev Turd Fredericks, Nov 19, 2007
  9. Hongtian Guest

    On Nov 19, 1:24 am, wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I want a program that, given my IP address and another
    > person's IP address, will let us converse with sound i.e.
    > make a VOIP call. I'd prefer that no 3rd system (server)
    > be involved. We are both using wireless routers.
    >
    > Is this possible? Is there a program that will allow it?
    >
    > If a 3rd system must be involved, is there a simple PHP
    > script that could coordinate making the connection?
    >
    > Thanks.

    If your OS is windows, I suggest you to try miniSipServer and Xten.

    miniSipServer is a kind of SIP server and Xten is a kind of SIP
    client. You can use them to establish your own VOIP network.

    :)

    Hongtian, Nov 19, 2007
  10. schrieb:

    > I want a program that, given my IP address and another
    > person's IP address, will let us converse with sound i.e.
    > make a VOIP call. I'd prefer that no 3rd system (server)
    > be involved. We are both using wireless routers.

    Any VoIP Program using the SIP protocol is able to do this.
    The problem is NAT, which is probably made by your router.

    You will have to open a port, normally 5060, for the
    signalling of incoming calls to your PC or phone device.

    > Is this possible? Is there a program that will allow it?

    I prefer SJphone which is freely available for lots of systems.

    > If a 3rd system must be involved, is there a simple PHP
    > script that could coordinate making the connection?

    If you know the IP the only 3rd system necessary is a STUN
    server which just helps to hold the route open over the NAT.

    Then just "dial" the IP-number and it is done.
    Even commercially available IP-Phones based on the SIP
    protocol are able to do this.
    So you even do not need a PC.

    Wolfgang

    Wolfgang Barth, Nov 19, 2007
  11. Bob M Guest

    FrozenNorth wrote:
    > Rev Turd Fredericks took a can of maroon spray paint on November 18, 2007
    > 04:45 pm and wrote the following:
    >
    >> FrozenNorth wrote:
    >>> Rev Turd Fredericks took a can of maroon spray paint on November 18, 2007

    >>> Its headers say Linux, Mozilla Firefox 2.0.0.4
    >>>

    >> What do you suppose the person he wants to talk to is using? Besides,
    >> other than you, who bothers to read headers? :)
    >>

    > Well, if you are going to be that way, two dented soup cans, and a really
    > long piece of string, Voice Over Irregular Packaging.

    Just like Vonage!

    Bob M, Nov 19, 2007