    Using Gallerey 2 but the initial load time is really bad not
    acceptable.

    Thanks
    LuvLatins, Dec 15, 2006

  2. LuvLatins

    Guest

    Unless you have a really compelling reason to set up your own photo
    website, it would make much more sense to just use an existing service,
    like flickr.com.

    -Gniewko

    LuvLatins wrote:
    > OK now I have all this great gear and want to upload pictures to a web
    > site server to show them to the world. Would be nice if it integrated
    > with a MySQl Database too.
    >
    > Using Gallerey 2 but the initial load time is really bad not
    > acceptable.
    >
    > Thanks
    , Dec 15, 2006

  3. In article <>,
    says...
    > OK now I have all this great gear and want to upload pictures to a web
    > site server to show them to the world. Would be nice if it integrated
    > with a MySQl Database too.
    >
    > Using Gallerey 2 but the initial load time is really bad not
    > acceptable.
    >
    > Thanks

    Take a look at Coppermine... You can FTP all your pics into a directory
    structure on your server and then tell CM to import them into albums..

    T.
    Tony Gartshore, Dec 15, 2006
  4. LuvLatins

    Aaron Guest

    And lo, <> emerged from the ether
    and spake thus:
    > Unless you have a really compelling reason to set up your own photo
    > website, it would make much more sense to just use an existing service,
    > like flickr.com.
    >
    > -Gniewko
    >
    > LuvLatins wrote:
    >> OK now I have all this great gear and want to upload pictures to a web
    >> site server to show them to the world. Would be nice if it integrated
    >> with a MySQl Database too.
    >>
    >> Using Gallerey 2 but the initial load time is really bad not
    >> acceptable.
    >>
    >> Thanks

    If you have control over the webserver, I have realized almost a 50%
    increase in performance with Gallery 2 by using eAccelerator, a widely
    used PHP opcode cache.

    Don't discount Gallery 1 as an option; its framework is much smaller,
    theme system is almost as fully-featured, and it is much faster.

    Coppermine is a piece of crap; don't waste your time. I have used all
    three in production and Gallery is vastly superior.

    --
    Aaron
    http://www.fisheyegallery.com
    Aaron, Dec 15, 2006
  5. LuvLatins

    Mike Russell Guest

    "Tony Gartshore" <> wrote in message
    > In article <>,
    > says...
    >> OK now I have all this great gear and want to upload pictures to a web
    >> site server to show them to the world. Would be nice if it integrated
    >> with a MySQl Database too.
    >>
    >> Using Gallerey 2 but the initial load time is really bad not
    >> acceptable.
    >>
    >> Thanks
    >>

    > Take a look at Coppermine... You can FTP all your pics into a directory
    > structure on your server and then tell CM to import them into albums..

    I second the vote for Coppermine - it's open source, free, and uses MySQL.
    You can download images individually, use FTP for batch downloading, and
    it's also compatible with XP's Web Publishing Wizard. I've been using it
    for almost a year without a hitch for a reasonably large user base.

    The disadvantages might be that it does not give you much control over
    organizing the look and feel (though it does support skins), and it may do
    "too much" - it's a fully administered multi user system that can be
    integrated with other BBS software, such as SMF, though you could use it as
    a single user system if you prefer.
    --
    Mike Russell
    www.curvemeister.com/forum/
    Mike Russell, Dec 16, 2006
  6. LuvLatins

    Don Guest

    LuvLatins <> wrote in

    > OK now I have all this great gear and want to upload pictures to a web
    > site server to show them to the world. Would be nice if it integrated
    > with a MySQl Database too.
    >
    > Using Gallerey 2 but the initial load time is really bad not
    > acceptable.
    >
    > Thanks

    Take a look at this (a bookmark and page I saved from Usenet)

    http://butterflies.usenetshit.info/butterfly
    Don, Dec 17, 2006