Seeking further education - can you help?

Discussion in 'Computer Security' started by ~BD~, Jul 13, 2008.

  1. ~BD~

    ~BD~ Guest

    Hello - newbie here!

    In the newsgroup - microsoft.public.test - there is a series of posts
    entitled 'ClusterSentinelNNTPPostTest'

    Here is one example:-

    NNTP microsoft.public.test - Post356d491b-a569-419f-be55-d09302bfd084

    Each message has a different series of numerals and letters

    The poster (From) is always user@domain

    There are literally hundreds of entries, with each post being one/two
    minutes apart.

    There may well be a simple explanation - I'm simply interested to learn if
    anyone here knows *why* the test messages are being sent.

    Perhaps there is somewhere more appropriate that I should enquire. If so,
    I'd be grateful if you'd point me in the right direction.

    Thanks

    Dave

    ~BD~, Jul 13, 2008

  2. ~BD~

    ~BD~ Guest

    Your answer is unacceptable Mr Lipman.

    I wish to know who is posting such messages ............ and why!

    Dave

    PS Do others here actually see these messages? 'twould be nice to know that
    I'm not seeing things! <wink>

    ~BD~, Jul 13, 2008

  3. ~BD~

    ~BD~ Guest

    > From: "~BD~" <>
    >
    > | Hello - newbie here!
    >
    > | In the newsgroup - microsoft.public.test - there is a series of posts
    > | entitled 'ClusterSentinelNNTPPostTest'
    >
    > | Here is one example:-
    >
    > | NNTP microsoft.public.test - Post356d491b-a569-419f-be55-d09302bfd084
    >
    > There is only one answer.
    >
    > It is a test news group and thus what is posted there are test posts and
    > the content of
    > which can be ignored!
    >

    > --
    > Dave
    > Multi-AV - http://www.pctipp.ch/downloads/dl/35905.asp

    David,

    Thank you for your advice. Do you know, I once posted messages in
    the 'test' forum at Aumha and had my hand smacked really hard!

    There is now this caveat imposed there:-

    (Administrative Post for Clarification)

    The Test Forum is for the stated purpose posted at it's main link.

    That being.

    Feel free to use this as a "test space" for learning to use the forum. Items
    here will be automatically purged 3 days after their last post. PLEASE DON'T
    POST QUESTIONS HERE (except, perhaps, about how to use the forum itself).

    This Forum is not for questions or anything other then testing to see if a
    system is capable of posting to the forums. Any other posts will be
    considered misuse of the Test Forum.

    Ref:- http://www.aumha.net/

    To be specific, here:- http://www.aumha.net/viewtopic.php?f=39&t=32284

    I never did understand why the posting of *anything* in a test facility
    should have upset someone. ;)

    Any ideas?

    Dave

    ~BD~, Jul 13, 2008
  4. ~BD~

    ~BD~ Guest

    ~BD~, Jul 13, 2008
  5. ~BD~

    ~BD~ Guest

    "Ant" <> wrote in message
    > "~BD~" <> wrote:

    > Who cares?

    *I* care!

    > WTF have your questions got to do with computer security?

    That's what I'm endeavouring to find out; well, maybe not simply computer
    security, but Security in general.

    > And while I'm bitchin' - learn to trim your quotes.

    My sincere apologies! I'll try to remember your particular requirements,
    Ant.

    BD

    ~BD~, Jul 13, 2008
  6. ~BD~

    ~BD~ Guest

    "Moe Trin" <> wrote in message
    > On Sun, 13 Jul 2008, in the Usenet newsgroup alt.computer.security, in
    > article
    > <g5cq7b$r5f$>, ~BD~ wrote:
    >
    >>Hello - newbie here!

    > Use your favorite search engine - google.com if you are that desperate,
    > and search for RFC1855.
    >
    > 1855 Netiquette Guidelines. S. Hambridge. October 1995. (Format:
    > TXT=46185 bytes) (Also FYI0028) (Status: INFORMATIONAL)
    >
    >>In the newsgroup - microsoft.public.test - there is a series of posts
    >>entitled 'ClusterSentinelNNTPPostTest'

    > [..]
    >
    >>Each message has a different series of numerals and letters
    >>
    >>The poster (From) is always user@domain
    >>
    >>There are literally hundreds of entries, with each post being one/two
    >>minutes apart.
    >>
    >>There may well be a simple explanation - I'm simply interested to learn
    >>if anyone here knows *why* the test messages are being sent.

    > Someone is playing on the keyword, could be a three-year-old retarded
    > duck (or someone with equal intelligence), or it could be secret encoded
    > messages between terrorists (but if it were, the Secret Cabal would be
    > watching them and informing the SWAT team). Or anywhere in between.
    >
    >>Perhaps there is somewhere more appropriate that I should enquire. If
    >>so, I'd be grateful if you'd point me in the right direction.

    > Normally, you should be complaining to the Usenet Central
    > Administration in Chicago. However, as you are concerned about a
    > 'microsoft.public.*' newsgroup, you should really be complaining
    > directly to . I'm sure they'll be happy to know
    > about these posts.
    >
    > Old guy

    Thank you for your response 'Old guy' - FYI 'ibuprofin' is incorrectly
    spelt - it is ibuprofen

    Take some!

    Dave

    ~BD~, Jul 13, 2008