Seeking Education Advise

Discussion in 'Microsoft Certification' started by Tuckejam, May 17, 2007.

  1. Tuckejam

    Tuckejam

    Joined:
    May 17, 2007
    Messages:
    1
    Location:
    Denver
    I have recently accepted the sad truth that effort Skill knowledge and experience are of no value to employers. Some how Knowledge is useless unless you have paid for it.

    I am 29 and only have a H.S. Diploma I have spent the last 10 Years working in Sales, and over the last 5 years been doing a lot of application development for the various company's that i have worked for. I am interested in a career in I.T. However there seems to be hundreds of general areas of it
    Networking
    Programing
    Security
    Database
    Computer Repair

    And Hundreds of SubCategories

    Network Design. Network Admin
    Programing C++, Perl, Java, Python, Visual Basic.
    Database Design, Database Management,
    Oracle, Jet, Etc
    And then there seems to be proprietary equipment.
    Microsoft, Cisco, Apache,

    I always thought it was strange that I could do things the I.T. department didn't know was possible. But it seems almost impossible to learn about the technology you will wind up working with.

    I had hoped i could pick up some certifications but it seems like with out a degree Comp TIA and that seems to be pretty basic stuff.

    If anyone can offer me any advise or link me somewhere to help me figure it all out it would be greatly appreciated

    Tuckejam, May 17, 2007