    --
    Cheers
    EB

    Evil Bastard, Apr 30, 2005

  2. Evil Bastard

    S Roby Guest

    In article <>, Evil Bastard <> wrote:
    >Hi,
    >
    >Anyone know where (pref. Auckland) one can get cheap and/or recycled
    >toner cartridges for an HP 2550L colour laser printer?

    How fussy are you about the actual color??
    S Roby, Apr 30, 2005

  3. Evil Bastard

    S Roby Guest

    >I hope your not expecting anything like the same quality you get with the real
    >deal. The prints I have seen done with the fake tonars have colours that are
    > all
    >off (by a _long_ way) and the toner has an aweful gloss to it which detracts
    >from the image quality. If its just so you can put red and blue etc text in a
    >doc, it will be ok, but if you are wanting to print company logos etc or photos

    I work for a toner cart Remanufacturing company
    We dont reman ANY color toners for this reason.
    S Roby, Apr 30, 2005
  4. Evil Bastard

    Richard Guest

    Evil Bastard wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > Anyone know where (pref. Auckland) one can get cheap and/or recycled
    > toner cartridges for an HP 2550L colour laser printer?

    I hope your not expecting anything like the same quality you get with the real
    deal. The prints I have seen done with the fake tonars have colours that are all
    off (by a _long_ way) and the toner has an aweful gloss to it which detracts
    from the image quality. If its just so you can put red and blue etc text in a
    doc, it will be ok, but if you are wanting to print company logos etc or photos
    then you will be up for a lot of tweaking the colours to get them near correct.

    I guess you have just found that a cheap laser costs almost as much as an inkjet
    to run ;)
    Richard, Apr 30, 2005
  5. Evil Bastard

    Gordon Guest

    On Sat, 30 Apr 2005 05:56:56 +0000, S Roby wrote:

    > How fussy are you about the actual color??

    It depends if I have the orginal to compare it with.
    Gordon, Apr 30, 2005
  6. Evil Bastard

    Evil Bastard Guest

    S Roby wrote:
    > In article <>, Evil Bastard <> wrote:
    >
    >>Hi,
    >>
    >>Anyone know where (pref. Auckland) one can get cheap and/or recycled
    >>toner cartridges for an HP 2550L colour laser printer?
    >>

    > How fussy are you about the actual color??

    I'm mostly looking for black in a recycled toner (since I'm using heaps
    of it), and will likely stay with manufacturer genuine cartridges for
    the colours.

    --
    Cheers
    EB

    Evil Bastard, Apr 30, 2005
  7. Evil Bastard

    Evil Bastard Guest

    S Roby wrote:
    > I work for a toner cart Remanufacturing company
    > We dont reman ANY color toners for this reason.

    But can you reman the black for color lasers?

    --
    Cheers
    EB

    Evil Bastard, Apr 30, 2005
  8. Evil Bastard

    Richard Guest

    Evil Bastard wrote:
    > S Roby wrote:
    >
    >>I work for a toner cart Remanufacturing company
    >>We dont reman ANY color toners for this reason.

    > But can you reman the black for color lasers?

    I wouldnt count on the same gloss level even on a redone black. There is a hell
    of a lot of research that goes into the toners and inks and slappign any old
    ink/toner into a printer will hardly ever give the same results as the real deal
    does. In some cases that doesnt matter, in some it does. I ran a cheap toner
    card thru the HP 2200 B&W laser I have access too and the greys were all way too
    dark on it and the toner had a really bad shine to it, Back to the real HPs for
    me...
    Richard, Apr 30, 2005
  9. Evil Bastard

    Robert Cooze Guest

    Evil Bastard wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > Anyone know where (pref. Auckland) one can get cheap and/or recycled
    > toner cartridges for an HP 2550L colour laser printer?

    It will Certinly Void any warrenty and or the CGA Pirate Toner PITA from
    the technitions point of view it is never good enough. An ex coustomer
    once put that stuff in a 15K printer they were not impressed with the 5
    to 10k repar bill. 4 dev tanks clean out of toner system and a
    overhalled fuser. last I heard they did it again to another brand this
    was about 5 years ago.

    Robert Cooze, Apr 30, 2005
  10. Evil Bastard

    Me Guest

    On Sun, 01 May 2005 07:53:02 +1200, Robert Cooze
    <> wrote:
    bla bla bla...

    go to Cartridge World
    Me, Apr 30, 2005