    reasonably detailed.

    In the end I want to select which VOIP options suit me best, buy
    whatever equipment I need and configure it all.
    Leslie, Jul 25, 2007

  2. Leslie

    Brian A Guest

    On Wed, 25 Jul 2007 10:03:37 +0100, Leslie <> wrote:

    >The VOIP has entirely passed me by but now I think I really need to look
    >at it.
    >
    >Many guides and FAQ seem to assume a basic knowledge of VOIP providers
    >and how they work and of VOIP technology. Those guides which do not
    >assume those things, tend to be extremely basic and superficial.
    >
    >Is there a guide for people who know nothing about VOIP but which is
    >reasonably detailed.
    >
    >In the end I want to select which VOIP options suit me best, buy
    >whatever equipment I need and configure it all.

    Go to
    www.voip-info.org
    scroll down to the header
    " Getting Started"
    click on
    "What is VOIP? The very basics."
    I could have given you the direct link but chose to do it this way as
    you can see the extent of the information available.

    ---
    Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.

    Get your friends to sign too!
    TV.